Wyoming Antelope Point Question

zacattack

WKR
Ok so this may seem like an odd question, but I have 1 point right now and I was thinking of just trying to get a couple of antelope doe tags and saving my point and buying another. It seems to me that there are two different drawings. Am I correct and Can I do this?

Also how hard will it be for me to draw a doe tag in a good unit with plenty of public land?

This will be my first hunt out west and I just want something that will be fun with lots of opportunity.

Gonewest

WKR
You are correct. My son did this last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kyevhe

FNG
I am wanting to do the same thing. I already have Oregon and Nevada bucks on the wall. There are 6 of us, we'd all be happy to just come and shoot a couple of does apiece. We all have 1 point and would be just fine not getting buck tags. It would be our first time in WY.

wapitibob

WKR
Ok so this may seem like an odd question, but I have 1 point right now and I was thinking of just trying to get a couple of antelope doe tags and saving my point and buying another. It seems to me that there are two different drawings. Am I correct and Can I do this?

Also how hard will it be for me to draw a doe tag in a good unit with plenty of public land?

This will be my first hunt out west and I just want something that will be fun with lots of opportunity.

There are 3 drawings in WY, Regular price, Special price, and Reduced price.
You can apply in either the Regular or Special (same species) and the Reduced price, but an app can not span multiple draws. If you want doe tags, apply in the Reduced price Antelope doe/fawn draw, looking at the odds report to find ones with odds you are comfortable with. Reduced price licenses do not use points.

Last edited:

Ebruce

FNG
Yep this what I've been doing, doe/fawn tags and buy a point, I've been lucky drawing doe tags but the last couple years there seems to be less in the left over draw than the year before, it's getting popular I guess

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
There are 3 drawings in WY, Regular price, Special price, and Reduced price.
You can apply in either the Regular or Special (same species) and the Reduced price, but an app can not span multiple draws. If you want doe tags, apply in the Reduced price Antelope doe/fawn draw, looking at the odds report to find ones with odds you are comfortable with. Reduced price licenses do not use points.

Am I able to draw a buck and a doe tag?

johnsd16

WKR
You can draw a buck tag by using points or as a second choice (keep points if 2nd choice) in the regular or special draw and get 1-2 doe tags in the reduced price draw. You could have up to 3 tags and keep your points if you draw a second choice buck tag and then 2 doe tags. The doe tags in good areas are never a guaranteed draw. The units that have good public land and good doe tag odds often have stipulations on the doe tag like within 1mi of irrigated land or private land only. Look carefully.