Wyoming antelope point?

muddydogs

WKR
So do I get a point in WY if I didn't draw or do I have to purchase one? Buddy said that there was a box to check to get a point if you don't draw but I don't remember if I checked the box or not, heck I don't remember seeing the box.

You have to go buy one; that changed this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wilydawg

Lil-Rokslider
They used to give you a point if you failed to draw, but now you have to go online separately to buy points. The online option to do that is now open...

Wilydawg is absolutely right! I'm so glad I went back and checked because I didn't draw my pronghorn tag but bought my points for everything else last night! Tonight I did indeed buy my Pronghorn pp tonight!

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I thought we had to purchase them, mentioned it to my buddy and he swore that there was an option to get a point if you didn't draw. Guess this clears it up and I will get to purchasing them.

They used to give you a point if you failed to draw, but now you have to go online separately to buy points. The online option to do that is now open...

I got a PP from last year, because I applied for a 0% chance unit as first choice, and a 100% unit for second choice.

This spring I read about the change -- that you no longer get a PP if you don't draw your first choice. I didn't want to use my point yet, and figured I'd get a second point this year just by buying it in July. I applied for the same unit I hunted last year, still a near 100% draw unit with 0 points, as my first (and only) choice and drew.

Just went to buy my PP and found that not only can I not buy it, since I drew my first choice, I no longer have the one from last year. It was burned on this year's 100% draw.

I should have read more carefully I guess. Basically lost two years of PPs. :(

So it's too late now, but for the future: if you want to hunt AND get a preference point, you still have to apply for and not draw a first choice unit. Then later you have to go buy the preference point.