Wyoming antelope unit 83

JDM57

FNG
Burned our points this year and drew unit 83. We also drew doe tags for antelope and whitetail. Will be staying just out of Thermopolis. Anyone hunt this unit recently and willing to share any suggestions/ advice? We are not trophy hunters but would be nice to find something bigger than the 12" bucks we took out of unit 30 8 years ago. Have been looking at maps and researching landowners willing to allow access. Any advice to help this old guy out is much appreciated.

I had this tag last year. It was AMAZING! I searched 3 days for an 80 inch buck. Unfortunately I never saw one on public land. I saw plenty of 14 inch bucks every day. I finally ran out of time and decided to shoot this buck at 250 yards with my 6.5 pistol.

You will have a Blast!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20181006_154429.jpg
    20181006_154429.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 90

boutdoors

FNG
Lots of Walk in areas check the WY website for maps of where they are, plus plenty of BLM. You have to be within 1/2 mile of irrigated land for does. Whitetails usually river bottems or near brushy areas

boutdoors

FNG
What area are your deer tags for? Depending on area you can shoot Muley or Whitetail same time other areas each has specific season

OP
J

JDM57

FNG
I had this tag last year. It was AMAZING! I searched 3 days for an 80 inch buck. Unfortunately I never saw one on public land. I saw plenty of 14 inch bucks every day. I finally ran out of time and decided to shoot this buck at 250 yards with my 6.5 pistol.

[/QUOTE

We aren't trophy hunters. We chose this unit as it was

We aren't trophy hunters so seeing alot of 14" bucks sounds good to us!