Wyoming Antelope Unit Suggestions

colonel00

WKR
As I just asked in the Elk forum, I have been building points in Wyoming for antelope as well and I am currently sitting on 5. Just looking for suggestions of units I should start tracking drawing odds on and researching. This will be a public land hunt (unless someone extends the kindest of offers) and will be all DIY. We may also be looking to team this with a Muley hunt. We have really only hunted down in the Medicine Bow range between Laramie and Baggs for elk and deer so we are familiar with those areas. However, I am sure we would entertain other areas that are suggested. Thanks.

Trr15

WKR
Look at areas 60 and 61 around wamsutter. The red desert area has a ton of public land and some trophy animals. It's tough to draw, but if you're sitting on points its worth a shot.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Thanks. I had looked at those but it looks like there were a total of 18 tags between the two units last year and it took 8 points to draw which would seem unlikely for us for a couple of years but I will keep watching them.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
95 is a great unit lots of public ground green river west and south of I80. I've never built the points to hunt it yet but know many people that have killed mid 70 bucks there.

Topgun 30-06

Banned
Check the draw odds for all the units you can draw with your 5PPs and look to see if the G&F shows them as hard to access the public land. Most units will have some good bucks if you get off the roads and do some walking where they can't be seen by all the road hunters. I helped my resident buddy take a B&C buck this year in a unit that only takes a NR 3-4 PPs to draw and there is a ton of public land there. I've shot 3 bucks there on 3 NR tags in that unit since 2003 and all were in the mid to uppers 70s with the last one just missing 80". Too many people are hung up on this "I have to have a ton of PPs to kill a good one" when there are many units that hold good animals if you just go out and have the time to find them!

Not sure what units you can draw with 5 points but the central units are good quality wise and have lots of blm. Also some have easy draw deer tags with decent hunting.