wyoming antelope units 2015

brushape

WKR
my girlfriend and I are planning a trip to yellowstone this coming up fall with plans to stop in wyoming for some antelope on the way back, we each have 1 preference point to burn and from what ive read it doesnt really matter where we go. We are not looking for any trophys just a good time and hopefully having a chance at any decent bucks. Should I just pick a unit close to a route we were planning on driving or is there somewhere better than others? time of year doesnt matter for us and neither does hiking we love to hike. this will be a rifle hunt

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
The Powder River Basin is huge and tons of BLM land and antelope. Can't go wrong if you spend some time glassing, especially if you look at maps and walk away from roads which 90% don't do. Good Luck

wapitibob

WKR
I go thru Yellowstone every year on my way to hunt Antelope.
Which direction are you going?
What's a "decent" buck?

JWP58

WKR
I would look into units in the bighorn basin too. I always see goats up there, don't know about the draw odds though

dmjojump

FNG
At the Wyoming game and fish website they have charts with draw odds for units, I believe they have success rates also, I haven't looked for awhile. Also there is walk in areas to keep in mind, they are on the website. I live in Wyoming, feel free to shoot me a message if you have questions.

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like you could draw 83 on the special draw - decent unit with fairly good access on the East side near Thermop.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
After lots of searching I came up with unit 110 being the only unit open in sept and draw able with one point . Success looks good and we have applied for buck and doe tags and hoping for the best. I chose the sept hunt date in case I draw a ca Muley tag or do an Idaho Muley hunt