Wyoming Antelope with 1 pt

Joshk358

FNG
I haven't been to Wyoming antelope hunting in about 10yrs. Should have been building up pts, but I didn't. With that said what unit in the eastern part of the state would be decent with 1pt? Just wanting a decent buck and a doe or 2. Love antelope meat!!

Thanks!

Blackcats06

Lil-Rokslider
Game and fish website has all the info you need. It’s getting harder to get tags

BuzzH

WKR
There are no secrets...check the draw odds. Your one point isnt going to buy you some great over-looked area anymore. Ten years ago....yep, last 2-3 years, nope.

The popularity of pronghorn hunting in Wyoming is through the roof, and a lot of people are just "looking for an average buck and a doe or two". Meaning, you and everyone else is looking for the same thing.

Finally used my points this past season and was thinking I would
be able to hunt lesser units from now on but that does not seem
to be the case. My son and I applied for 4 doe tags last year and
went 0 for 4 so that isn't even a given.

JRMiller

WKR
I haven't been to Wyoming antelope hunting in about 10yrs. Should have been building up pts, but I didn't. With that said what unit in the eastern part of the state would be decent with 1pt? Just wanting a decent buck and a doe or 2. Love antelope meat!!

Thanks!
Started out exactly where you were four years ago.
What took 1 point then takes 4 points now.
On what is considered possibly the worst unit in the state.
Im not trying to steer you away just be aware that now you just have to play the odds and/or pay the “special” fee.

emhowe

FNG

Thans
Natrona county

ckeehn

FNG

Thanks!
Might be hard with 1 point. I put in for random draw last year and drew unit 73 with no points. I think doe tags in 73 are a 50/50 draw odd. Unit 72 was 100%.
I hunted 113 in 2019 and we were tagged out opening day with the type 1 tag. I think that's getting some point creep but it was an enjoyable hunt.

Already been said a few times here, but I went through this a couple years ago and 1 point options with quality opportunities are pretty limited unless you are willing to pay trespass fee

Chett09

FNG
if you are an onxmaps elite member you have free access to top rut website. it gives you a point by unit draw odds. it is simple to use. just type in your points and search units that are available for the points you have. useful tool not quite as good as gohunt but its free

Laramie

WKR
if you are an onxmaps elite member you have free access to top rut website. it gives you a point by unit draw odds. it is simple to use. just type in your points and search units that are available for the points you have. useful tool not quite as good as gohunt but its free
Also keep in mind, those draw odds they give you are for previous years. No way to predict exact draw odds for future years. As a general rule, required points to draw decent tags have increased by .5-1 point per year. The demand far exceeds the supply so the only thing to count on is areas with decent public access will get tougher and tougher to draw going forward.