Wyoming Antelope

mkelley12

FNG
I am looking to use my 2 points for antelope for 2020. The plan is to take the wife so she can experience why i love hunting the west, we are from Michigan. I was looking at unit 45 and it seems like access is good and harvest rates. Just curious if others have hunted the unit would mind giving your opion of it. I have not dug into spots or areas yet but its seemed like a solid area.

Any suggestion or help would really help. It would be for rifle and 4-5 days and probably truck camping.

bdan68

WKR
I haven't hunted 45 but I'm wondering why you think it's a "solid area?" When I look at the WGFD info, it shows it as being 40% public land but then says almost none of the public land is accessible. I'd be looking at units with more public land especially if I was taking my wife. You'll probably need to pay the special draw price in order to get a better unit with your two points. Or, wait a couple more years.

wytx

WKR
Not a lot of public and it gets hunted pretty well. You can find antelope on the isolated public parcels, Hunt during the week .