Wyoming Antelope

I'm looking at hunting Wyoming for Antelope this year and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the area 25 Ormsby unit and 113 salt creek?
I'm not by any means asking for trophy honey holes. I just want to find a good area to go to glass up some decent animals on public land.

jjchad

WKR
I would also like to know about 113 for antelope. I have heard it is hard to access. The way I understand the roads that go through private are off limits even if you are driving through. If that is the case these landowners have a pretty sweet deal.

Bryan B

FNG
If you plan to hunt public land, I would look at other units before those two.

If you are set on hunting one of those units, I would probably hunt 113 before 25 because 113 has more accessible public land. However, you and everyone else will have to access most of the public land in 113 from the south end of the unit.

If you plan to hunt public land, I would look at other units before those two.

If you are set on hunting one of those units, I would probably hunt 113 before 25 because 113 has more accessible public land. However, you and everyone else will have to access most of the public land in 113 from the south end of the unit.

When considering antelope hunting in Hunt Area 113, take note of what Bryan B has to say about access to the area.

ClearCreek

Unit 113 isn't as easy to draw as it used to be. And like ClearCreek and Bryan B said its tough to access what can be hunted. I can tell you that if you do hunt it you will not be alone and will need to be prepared to do some walking. One other spot that used to be a bit easier to access has changed a bit and is now much harder to get at the public. Its a tough unit to hunt, has pretty decent amount of antelope but you will have a hard time finding a good one unless you get really lucky.

I've been hunting it for the past 11 years and this last year was the worst as far as pressure on the areas you can hunt.

Last edited: