Wyoming Antelope

Hey everyone, I am wanting to plan a DIY antelope help for my wife and I. Right now, I am looking at going to Wyoming. I am not seeking a trophy animal and hope to get a doe tag to add on. Purely after the experience and time with my spouse. Any tips and advice on applying to the draw? Should we start applying now? What areas will give us the best opportunity? The plan is to take this trip a few years from now. Any advice is appreciated.

EdP

WKR
Wy has more pronghorn than all the other states combined, so that's a good choice. Antelope tags are not nearly as easy to get as just a few years ago so start buying preference points this year to improve your odds and options. You can do it anytime between July 1 and Oct 31.

Start reading everything you can find on https://wgfd.wyo.gov/hunting regarding antelope hunting, the PP system, odds of drawing, public access, etc. Almost everything you need to know is on the site, but it's not always intuitively obvious where to look. Keep digging. Do your research and come here to ask specific questions when you get hung up. Folks who have been on this site for a while and have done their homework in the past often don't appreciate someone that wants all the answers handed to them without doing any of the work. If it shows you are putting in the effort you will get a lot of help with the tricky parts. Don't expect anyone to point you to their favorite spots though.

It helps to let folks here know where you are from and what your hunting background is. You will get better answers.

Rich M

WKR
Use the search feature - there are many pages with this same question if you substitute wife for kids, father, etc.

Pretty much the more access units cost more points to draw. Less access means more guys hunting the same access areas.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
If people aren't being helpful or are giving you a hard time it's because this same question has been asked a million times - there's a few on the front page right now. Start building points ASAP and in the meantime use the search and start reading. I've learned a ton from old threads on here.

Eastcoasthunter94

Lil-Rokslider
For me personally I have come to the realization the past couple years that good antelope hunting in Wyoming requires a few preference points. Especially with point creep and lower tag numbers. I currently have 3 and feel that I could use a couple more points to draw the tags I want. That’s my decision tho. Like others have said I recommend buying a few preference points then going in a few years

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
Just like all western states its a points game. Think of it as what you want to hunt then plan it a few years out. Put in for the points and plan multiple species in multiple places. Eventually you can have hunts planed every year or two and be able to go to a few different states. Its just a lot of money in points.