Wyoming area 124

Vance307

FNG
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am think of hunting this area for bull this years hunt, And yes I have a tag but not sure where to go. I know of a few places. But I need more input. Or i was planning on hunting area 56 for late season bull.

Forest

WKR
Aren't both of those units very tough to draw?? Seems like you either have a tag for one of them or you don't.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Russp17

WKR
Aren't both of those units very tough to draw?? Seems like you either have a tag for one of them or you don't.

He might have a commissioner tag where you get to choose your hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V

Vance307

FNG
I can choose where i want to hunt and still hunt bull in my normal area. I am just looking for some insight for 124

WKR
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. I am think of hunting this area for bull this years hunt, And yes I have a tag but not sure where to go. I know of a few places. But I need more input. Or i was planning on hunting area 56 for late season bull.
What tag?

This seems a bit fishy.

What tag?

This seems a bit fishy.
He most likely has a commissioner’s tag and you have to choose 1 unit to hunt with it.
124 can be a great hunt especially archery season.
56 late would be awesome especially if you have access to horses.

Last edited:

WKR
OK, maybe. But to be a brand new guy to the board and asking 2 hours and 8 minutes before the season starts...

It's either fishy or disastrously poor timing/preparation.

Forest

WKR
OK, maybe. But to be a brand new guy to the board and asking 2 hours and 8 minutes before the season starts...

That was my viewpoint as well. Just seems very strange

OP
V

Vance307

FNG

Well. Beings i am hunting late season bull not archery. I have been stuck between 2 areas for the last couple months. I am just asking a question. Because i hunt the same area every year and i am not familiar with these 2 areas
I am still hunting bull in my normal area this year which i have done very very well the last 10 years their. And yes I have a commissioners tag. And just want to make sure i choose the right area for my 2nd bull..

Forest

WKR
Well. Beings i am hunting late season bull not archery. I have been stuck between 2 areas for the last couple months. I am just asking a question. Because i hunt the same area every year and i am not familiar with these 2 areas
I am still hunting bull in my normal area this year which i have done very very well the last 10 years their. And yes I have a commissioners tag. And just want to make sure i choose the right area for my 2nd bull..
You would have caught a lot less heck if you would have mentioned the commissioners tag to begin with. Unfortunately it's pretty common for folks to become a member of a forum, ask specifics about certain units, then are never heard from again to help the next guy.

I've never hunted either of the units you asked about. But clearly they are both good units and I doubt you can make a wrong choice. Look to be totally different kind of hunts tho.

Good luck.

OP
V

Vance307

FNG
You would have caught a lot less heck if you would have mentioned the commissioners tag to begin with. Unfortunately it's pretty common for folks to become a member of a forum, ask specifics about certain units, then are never heard from again to help the next guy.

I've never hunted either of the units you asked about. But clearly they are both good units and I doubt you can make a wrong choice. Look to be totally different kind of hunts tho.

Good luck.

Well i didnt think is was anyones concerns about the Commissioners tag. And yes 2 totally different hunts but each has their pros and cons. I just eant to find the right one and get some insight... i have lookd and maps for the last 2 months. Just wanted to get a different perspective

Vance
A forum member had a commissioners tag last year and chose 124 also. Here is his write up.