Wyoming Area 36

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a cow/calf lisence, 36-6 , and a antelope, 102-1. This is the Buffalo area. Trying to figure out where we will stay. Campground, hotel?

OP
Beaglegun

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome to
INDIAN CAMPGROUND & RV PARK
in Buffalo, Wyoming

Open April 15 - October 10

I will be there from Oct 13-oct 21

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
The campgrounds are closed but you can pretty much camp where you want. If your hunting in 36 it wont be hard to find alot of others doing the same!!

jmez

WKR
You can still use the campgrounds. The bathrooms will be locked and water shut off. You can use the sites. First come first serve.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

wre280

FNG
How’d this hunt go for you all in 36? My wife put in for the area for type 9 and should probably draw. She’s been digging in around the southern center of the unit, but just a quick glance overall on my side of the unit looks good.

OP
Beaglegun

Beaglegun

Lil-Rokslider
We saw 1 cow elk we could hunt and I couldn't get a shot. We saw over a hundred in a alfalfa field the day after a 6" snowfall but it was private. I talked with a few guys who killed bulls. They went in at Bud Love WMA. They both hiked in at least 4 miles. We also went in from hunter mesa area in area 35 and hiked to area 36. never saw an elk track! We were hunting Oct 15.
Most locals wait for elk to come off the mountain. Late season would be best for that. From my limited experience, Bud Love is the best access point with horses or backpacks.