Wyoming bear advice

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’ve hatched a plan to bear hunt in Wyoming this spring to help learn the lay of the land in hopes of drawing a elk tag for the same area. I’m looking at Unit 18 and was wondering if I’ll be wasting my time? Also, from what I gather from the website, I assume the tag is good for spring and fall. Should I continue with this plan or do something different? Any advice is appreciated.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Just saw this a post and its a little old but this is the plan i used this past year. I didn't fill my bear tag but i filled my elk tag.

cbiddle

Lil-Rokslider
Also in the fall I was going to try and find a bear after I killed my elk but the season had already closed due to the sow harvest quota. So keep that in mind. Call the biologist and ask when the season closed the previous year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Elkhntr08

Elkhntr08

WKR
Thanks for the input guys. I did draw the general tag and the plan is to be out there by May 15th. I’ll be back on September 1st looking for elk. My son is planning on meeting up with me for a fall bear hunt.
This will be my first hunt after retirement, so I’ll have plenty of time to spend in the mountains.
Again, thanks.