Wyoming Big Horn

MQQSE

FNG
I happened! Drew a WY Big Horn tag this year. I'll be headed to WY in September. Still can't believe I drew the tag. Getting everything lined up and ready, I'll make sure to share thoughts, lessons, and pics.

Pony

That's excellent news! What unit did you draw and how many points did you have? I hunted there last year.

OP
PONYBOY

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! Are you going diy or using an outfitter?

Area is wilderness so I have to go the Outfitter route. As much as I'd like to say I could handle it, I'd be over my head up there without an Outfitter. I've generally hunter CA, NV, and AZ. Can't wait for this trip, going to be an experience to remember... I'll make sure to recap and provide pics.

I'll keep everyone posted, I'm sure I'll need some advice and pointers as I get everything planned.

Best!

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
I know Colby Gines guides in Unit 3. I'd definitely consider giving him a call if you were wanting to go guided. You may need to with some of that unit being a wilderness area.

Rossi

Lil-Rokslider
I killed a ram in area 3 in 2011. There was an outfitter camp in the same drainage as us at the time. Not sure if it was Colby's or not. There were plenty of sheep in there. Good luck!

OP
PONYBOY

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
HI All - Sorry I went silent. I had an August archery hunt and have been really focused on getting everything together and shooting practice. I head out tomorrow. I'll make sure to report back with pics and a good story!

For anyone hunting out there, best and stay safe!

Pony