Wyoming Bill 103 - write a letter NR's

Received the below, take the time to send an email to the representatives, as a non-resident even though we don't vote there we do bring in $$$ to the state so make your voice heard?

Dear Sportsman,

Wyoming Senator Larry Hicks has filed Senate File 103, a 90/10 license allocation and fee increase bill that would be devastating to your ability to draw a Wyoming big game hunting license in the future.

We need your help to contact members of the Senate Travel, Recreation and Wildlife Committee as soon as possible to share your opposition to the bill and how it would impact your ability to hunt in Wyoming. The bill will be heard by the committee at 8 a.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021.

Please keep your messages focused and specific to how this appalling bill will hurt your future plans to hunt in Wyoming. Please let the senators know that you have made a financial investment in preference points and license fees and remind the Senators of the positive economic impact nonresident hunters, like yourself, brings to Wyoming.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to these Wyoming Legislators it is critical they hear from you and how a 50 percent reduction in licenses would affect your ability to hunt and Wyoming’s economy.

The Senators are listed below:

Chairwoman Affie Ellis (Cheyenne) [email protected]
Senator Mike Gierau (Jackson) [email protected]
Senator Tim Salazar (Dubois) [email protected]
Senator Bill Landen (Casper) [email protected]
Senator Wendy Schuler (Evantson) [email protected]

PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT Sincerely,

Sy Gilliland, President
Wyoming Outfitters & Guides Association

PO Box 2650
Casper, WY 82602
[email protected]
wyoga.org

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Where did you find this I couldn’t find it anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
Dear Sy,

GFY.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I'm not a Sy fan from what I know of him on other topics... But as a non-resident I think I agree with him on this one if he's against the 90/10 split.

The state absolutely has the right to reduce NR licenses but I really hope they don't!

Last edited:

jmez

WKR
I'd love for WY to leave the % alone. If they wish to change that then their decision.

As for Sy, I'm not going to stand next to a guy that continually pisses down my back and tries to tell me its raining. He made his bed now he has to sleep in it.

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah as a NR Sy only cares to continue to receive our cash and nothing else, he could careless about the diy NR.

While I don’t like it I won’t write a letter, its WY’s decision to make.

MrSunday

Lil-Rokslider
Emailed all on the list above. Fingers crossed this does not go through.

dingle

Lil-Rokslider
I submitted emails to everyone on the committee and was pleasantly surprised to receive a reply from Ms. Schuler within a couple hours. I'm glad that my email was clear and polite and I'm reassured that this tone is welcome and more effective than other approaches like anger or a sense of entitlement.

Please make your voices heard - clearly and politely!

Matt G.

WKR
He didn't mention the huge increase in the fees too...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
If this passes, expect Sy to push for some sort of outfitter cutout of the tags available.

Jeremy

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Not that I'm in favor of this bill at all, but I will be headed to WY April 1st to look at land. It's been a long time coming and the only way I really see hunting where I want going forward is to be a resident of one of the states with WY on the top. The NR opportunities for every state will get slimmer and slimmer.

Taking my GF to look at Cody, Pinedale, Dubois. I've spent plenty of time in each, but my GF has really only been in the Jackson to Pinedale area. Would really like to get to Sheridan if we can. That's the one area I've not been in and looks interesting, but expensive.

Brotsky

FNG
I sent my letter, along with my request that Sy allows me to hunt in the wilderness while I'm backpacking, hiking, fishing, bear cuddling, and whatever else I want to do in there legally.

There was a more active thread discussing Wyoming tag allocation and vote, but I can’t seem to find it now. Maybe it got locked or taken down.

I was having a conversation with my brother today and he was asking questions I had trouble answering. I’ve always accepted the fact that as a non-resident I have access permission to public land but I have no guaranteed rights to hunt game on those lands because wildlife is managed by the state.

I’ve always accepted this fact and not really had a problem with it. I try to draw tags in the non-resident pool and feel fortunate to have this opportunity. But aren’t the folks that manage said wildlife heavily subsidized by federal taxes such as Pittman-Robertson? If most (or a large portion) of this cost of management is indeed coming from federal money and non-resident money, should there be a certain percentage of tags guaranteed to non-residents? Something that protects this percentage rather than seemingly fighting for it every other year in each state?

I’ll put my helmet and armor on now. Genuinely curious. Just looking for education.

Last edited: