Wyoming Biologist Info

Gman

WKR
And I'll add - give yourself plenty of time. Don't wait till the last minute. I've always been able to track down biologist and game managers but they are in the field a lot. I also give my cell phone when leaving a message and try to carry my research with me when I'm in the car. I learned the hard way that they always call you back when you're not in front of all your research materials. This year I had all my stuff with me and the biologist I had been playing phone tag with for 2 weeks called. I pulled over to a safe place and ran my application research office out of my truck! Good luck.

Be aware. You will talk to good ones and bad ones. Some will talk your ear off, and the next will make you feel like you are taking up their time or refer you to data they have already collected and is posted on the internet. In a sense, it is hard to blame some of them if they seem put out when you talk to them. They get blasted by tons of hunters looking for "secrets spots", and all this while they are trying to get their actual jobs done.

OP
kamcgraw

kamcgraw

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I have played the phone tag thing the past two years in Montana. I just call for some general info. Herd health and things like that. I learned my lesson last year that when a Biologist is pushing you to a certain area, they are pushing many others there as well. I had asked about a remote drainage and was steered differently by the biologist to an area I found out later was "over objective" and they were trying to reduce numbers. When talking to a local at the end of my hunt, he said I should have went with my gut being that a large herd was hanging in that drainage.