Wyoming/Colorado Mid October Layers

Looking to pick up some gear for mid to end of October hunt in Wyoming or Colorado next year. I’m going to get it now and try it out this winter during our deer season. We’ll be Backpacking in 2-3 miles And camping out depending on the weather. I have some stuff but need to add too for the colder weather. When I hunt now down to 30 degree I’m usually in a pair of jeans, t shirt, hoodie and light jacket if needed. Below that and I add a base layer. I tend to sweat.
I was going to get puffy pants for glassing but I have a woobie that I thought could double up in usage. Will that work or should I just get puffy pants?

What I have
Kuiu pro pants
Peloton 118 t shirt
Peloton 97 zip off pants

What I thought about adding

Peloton 97 zip T
strongfleece 210 hybrid or peloton 240 full zip
Kifaru LPP

I’d like the mid layer to be something Wind proof and that I can wear comfortably over my T shirt because I think most the time the 97 and a mid layer I’ll be to hot moving. Open to suggestion

It you get hot while moving but want something to block wind you might consider a vest. The 240 would block some wind and be lightweight while having the full zip to dump some heat.

bozeman

WKR
+1 on a vest option......maybe a Sitka Jetstream vest or a Kuiu 240 vest as options.....

I use the Sitka Jetstream vest. It's tough, blocks the wind, but it is heavy. The Kuiu Axis vest is supposed to block wind well also. I really like the Axis pants, but haven't tried the jacket or vest.

Tyler127

WKR
I would also suggest a vest. Last year for 3rd season Colorado I wore the Sitka Jetstream vest daily over top a Sitka Heavyweight hoody. Work great on blocking the wind and keeping my core warm. I then layered over with the Sitka Kelvin lite hoody when we stopped to glass.

I just bought the LPP as I'm going to Wyoming this year the last week of October. It will be delivered next week. I got a lot of good replies on the thread I started regarding the warmth of this jacket. I felt if we had a whole week of cold weather I would want the extra warmth over the Sitka Kelvin Lite hoody. Colorado last year was very mild all week except for one morning and the warmer jacket would have been nice to have as an option that day.

OP
L
Thanks guys I never gave a thought about a vest. Usually if I can block the wind I don’t have to layer as much. If I went 97, vest, LPP should I still get another mid layer in there? Maybe a Peleton 200?

200 would be good, just think through your hoods. If you have a 97, 200, and LPP all with hoods it’s too much. I really like the strongfleece 210. All these pieces together would be too warm while moving, but would give you a good system that is adaptable to most conditions.