Wyoming Corner Crossing defense fund

Jn78

Lil-Rokslider
So technically, by law, I can set up a surveillance camera on the public sidewalk running on my property. If someone cuts the corner and steps over my yard, rather than staying completely on the sidewalk, I can prosecute them for trespassing. Everyone that lives in town in WY should start doing this, and call the police every time they see it happen. Demand that charges be filed. Provide video evidence of your airspace being invaded.
Technically, that would be trespassing and you could do spend your time making those calls. Practically, the cops would do nothing and you would waste your time. Laws don't change by annoying cops.

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
Technically, that would be trespassing and you could do spend your time making those calls. Practically, the cops would do nothing and you would waste your time. Laws don't change by annoying cops.

Well, 4 guys in WY got trespassing tickets from a deputy after the LO called the DA repeatedly, 15 times that day allegedly, while the game warden stood there and watched. Granted, the warden couldn't do anything but it had to be somewhat amusing watching that LO getting twisted up and barking at the DA.

I've read every post, nobody said these 4 did anything wrong to get a ticket. They crossed from public to public, at a marked corner, with no intent to hunt private.

End result, they got tickets. According to you, and Buzzh, G&F won't write tickets, it just doesn't happen in WY where the round about words used. Heck Buzz provided names etc to call.

Long story short, crossing corners in WY does matter. People got tickets. Now they're dealing with penalties.

Bighorner

WKR
The penalties have yet to by handed down. I dont think it's going to be that simple.

204guy

WKR
End result, they got tickets. According to you, and Buzzh, G&F won't write tickets, it just doesn't happen in WY where the round about words used. Heck Buzz provided names etc to call.

Long story short, crossing corners in WY does matter. People got tickets. Now they're dealing with penalties.
Read Bob's posts. The game warden didn't write a ticket.

Read Bob's posts. The game warden didn't write a ticket.
Ok, read "Craftons' report. Warden gave him a ticket. As stated, jump a corner, some sort of LE officer is going to show up, and depending on how much whining and bitching goes on, you most are walking away with a ticket. The fine isn't much, but to beat it, it's going to court.

NO THANKS

Dcrafton

WKR
Ok, read "Craftons' report. Warden gave him a ticket. As stated, jump a corner, some sort of LE officer is going to show up, and depending on how much whining and bitching goes on, you most are walking away with a ticket. The fine isn't much, but to beat it, it's going to court.

NO THANKS

I look at it this way (for the ticket I got).
If I were to have called the land owner and asked to pay a trespass fee, I’m sure it would have been much more than my ticket of $450.
That said, it still sucks that land owners also own our public lands that are behind their lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look at it this way (for the ticket I got).
If I were to have called the land owner and asked to pay a trespass fee, I’m sure it would have been much more than my ticket of $450.
That said, it still sucks that land owners also own our public lands that are behind their lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So is it safe to say this would be on some sort of "Record" as you just paid the fine?

NoWiser

WKR

NO THANKS
I don’t believe he said he crossed precisely at a corner.

What would be amusing is those guys could go walk the fence line with their arm over said fence for a quarter section, and the LO wouldn't say jack. Cross over though, all of a sudden it's a different animal.

I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR

Game and fish didn’t write them a ticket. And a deputy wouldn’t write one till the DA called the sheriff and compelled him to send a deputy.

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
I don’t believe he said he crossed precisely at a corner.
Correct. I have no idea where he crossed and didn’t get a feeling it was anywhere near one.
Facts are facts, a WY warden can not and will not write a ticket for trespass unless you crossed private and/or are on private with the intent to hunt. They can only cite for game violations. And, is the reason the warden stood and watched the 4 subjects of this thread, cross the corner and did nothing.

Does it matter who wrote the ticket? You still got one

I pay a park pass, I go to lake to fish. I keep one fish over the limit, park ranger checks me, I’m one fish over, ticket on the way. Who cares if a “warden” didn’t write me up, I still got a ticket.

I jump a corner in WY Land owner calls sheriff, I get a ticket. I pay or fight it. Same result, I got a ticket that I 1) pay, or 2) fight. Either one I pay.