Wyoming Corner Hopping

wyodog

FNG
It wasn't even a fence so...

I don't remember the ruling addressing air space at all do you have a link to the section your referencing?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I clearly stated “from what I remember” at no time did I reference a link to anything. I live in carbon county Wyoming. This topic was on the radio station, in the papers, social media etc. I am sharing am memory, which is exactly what I said in the post.

Redthies

FNG
So I’ll just say the concept of the whole “checkerboard” is ridiculous. I get why it was likely done, but surely whoever laid out the share of private and public lands like this, way back when, had personally had, or heard of the concept of shitty neighbors. To think that they could stagger sections of public land, with no direct access, except over private land is ludicrous.

Now let’s get to the “airspace” issue. I’m pretty sure hunters are not hurting anyone by going diagonally across the corners, if they are in fact at the actual corner. If they are crossing “close” to the corner, that’s not really fair. If they want to make it a realistic thing to cross corners, the corners need to be easily visible, and best if they were uniformly marked. Getting upset about someone stepping across from one square of public land to another is a bit much. I don’t enjoy random people walking on to my acreage, and I do occasionally deal with people walking my fence line on the adjacent public land, but I deal with it by throwing all my bird dogs poop along the outside of the fence (my fence is 3’ inside my property line so I don’t have to mow around a million trees). That keeps people off the three feet without any confrontations.

The whole property rights issue is never going to be cut and dried. It’s up to government to put in place laws that actually make sense, and are able to be enforced in a simple manner. It’s also not likely that any modern government is going to be able to do this either. None that I’ve seen have any balls.