Wyoming cow elk + options

Fryeloc

FNG
I am looking at going on a WY cow elk hunt this year, but would like to get either/both/multiple doe antelope/mule deer tag(s) for the same area. Driving from WV, and doubt the wife would let me go on another deer hunt the same year, so I want to increase my odds of bringing meat home. Elk would be my priority, until later in the hunt when logistics would dictate a smaller harvest. I have not applied in WY yet, so not sure on the process, I know there are 1st and 2nd choices during the primary, but how do you go about getting multiple tags?

wapitibob

WKR
Go watch newbergs wyoming app videos on youtube; looking under the playlist. He'll have a new one out in a week or so.

Honestly if you want a combo hunt you can do mule deer and antelope but if you’re going to hunt elk just hunt elk. If the wife needs to see meat in the cooling do the lope/deer hunt. Antelope hunting is high success. Elk hunting is the opposite… low. I’m an elk junkie though so if it were me I’d go elk hunting and if I didn’t kill one I’d buy a side of beef on the way home and put my tag on it!

OP
F

Fryeloc

FNG
I mean I know what I should do, lol. And by looking at the odds of drawing doe antelope tags with reasonable access I'm sure that means elk only probably.. thanks for the pointers