Wyoming Deer 2020

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
I'm kinda in the same boat. I have 7pts and was thinking of putting in for G (special) but I hear the pressure is crazy. Wondering if I would be better served hunting a draw unit like 81.

I am in the same boat with 10 pt was going to do G as hunted south area of G for elk for a few years but again never saw many deer I know they are there. Warden told me the crowds due to locat general tag are in sane at tiems hard to even find a spot to set upa base camp without stepping on toes. Said he breaks up fights all the time. No thanks. I am researching limited draw since alrady at 10 someone mentioned 87 to me as a spot to look. Not sure that helps much though.

alaskadjf

FNG
Just wondering now that the draw results have come out if you drew your unit 81 tag? My buddy and I drew and will be heading up the second week of September for archery.

I have 8 points and am having a hell of a time figuring out where to put in. It is crazy to me to waste almost double digit points on a general tag for residents. However, if the hype is really that good, maybe it's worth it?

alaskadjf

FNG
Appreciate the response, my buddy and I are military and due to our work schedule we’re not going to make it up for archery season. Planning on going up for rifle over Columbus Day weekend... sucks that we burned the points, we really wanted to hunt archery season!