Wyoming DIY Muley

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
You two did great! I'd say that was a very efficient hunt! Good to hear finally how you took your best buck.

On a side note, for me, 2007 seemed like a peak in good buck numbers in Western Wyoming and SE Idaho. I've not seen the number of bucks since then due to two slammer winters (07/08 & 10/11). How about you Rebecca?

Incredible buck, the most amazing thing is that you were able to pass on that first one. I have never even seen a deer in person of that caliber. Now that Im starting to do the high hunts Im hoping to get a look at one though.

MattEastman

Lil-Rokslider
2007 was a in a sense a banner year in Western Wyoming. If you remember, a buck killed with Jackson Hole Outfitters that season the grossed over +230". Not far from were that buck was killed, my good friend also kill a 217" high country toad as well. I had to settle for a 175" buck that season:)

OP
R

rebecca francis

Excellent story. I suppose DYI stands for Do Yourself In. I have had a few hunts like that. ;)

Ha Ha!!! That's funny! I didn't even notice I wrote it that way! But I like the Do Yourself In. I've been on a few of those too!

OP
R

rebecca francis

You two did great! I'd say that was a very efficient hunt! Good to hear finally how you took your best buck.

On a side note, for me, 2007 seemed like a peak in good buck numbers in Western Wyoming and SE Idaho. I've not seen the number of bucks since then due to two slammer winters (07/08 & 10/11). How about you Rebecca?

Yes I agree. Some others in our family pulled some great bucks that year.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Matt, those were some hogs you mentioned taken that year. No matter how hard we try to manage big game, weather has the final say. 2007 came on the heels of a very easy winter and aboout 4 pretty mild winters but with good spring rains. It was a peak year we may not see again for a while. Right now I'd say W. Wyoming/SE Idaho are on the opposite swing of the pendelum:low big deer numbers.