wyoming doe applications

T3clay

Lil-Rokslider
quick question on wyoming doe applications, i'm planning a trip for next fall and i have enough points to draw a buck tag in the zone were planning to hunt, i'm planning on bring my son along who has 0 points. but id like to get him a doe tag or two. my question is are there 2nd and 3rd choices on doe applications? or can he apply to 2 different zones? id hate to draw a tag and him not.

thanks for any help guys!

stonewall

WKR
As I recall last time I applied, there wasn’t a second choice option. However being able to apply and buy two tags possibly allowed me to apply in two zones. Oddly enough I drew the one that was a long shot and didn’t draw the one the was almost guaranteed. Just go on the website and work the application up until the point you pay for it and that should answer your question. Hope he draws

zacattack

WKR
quick question on wyoming doe applications, i'm planning a trip for next fall and i have enough points to draw a buck tag in the zone were planning to hunt, i'm planning on bring my son along who has 0 points. but id like to get him a doe tag or two. my question is are there 2nd and 3rd choices on doe applications? or can he apply to 2 different zones? id hate to draw a tag and him not.

thanks for any help guys!

i applies for doe tags last year and if I remember correctly there were first and second choices for units

stonewall

WKR
These other guys are correct. Sorry I didn’t remember correctly. You can put a second choice on those tags

JFK

WKR
There is a second and third choice. You can also opt to only pull a doe tag if you get your buck tag...that way if you didn’t draw your buck tag you would not get doe tags.

bdan68

WKR
There's no way to insure that if you draw your tag, your son will draw his also. Reason being is that you'll be applying on separate applications. Could also happen that maybe you don't draw your buck tag, but your son draws his doe tags. I know you say you have enough points but there's still no guarantee. All you can do is apply for the tags and plan for both of you to go on the hunt even if only one draws a tag.

cnelk

WKR
There are 2 choices for a RP doe/fawn tag- 1st & 2nd

You can also apply for a second tag and alternate the choices from the first app.

cnelk

WKR
Remember.
A RP doe/fawn tag is a drawing that is completely separate from the Pref Point or Special Draw.

visage

Lil-Rokslider
There is also a leftover draw, so you could see if you draw your buck tag and then put in your son in the leftover draw depending on what's available. With that said, the leftover tags typically aren't great in terms of access.

wytx

WKR
Doe tags are a random draw and separate as stated above. I do not believe you can put your doe tag app on a 2 nd or 3 rd choice in the draw, it is a separate drawing for doe tags.
Party your doe apps together that way you both get one or 2 or none.
I agree put your son in for a buck tag just in case he draws a random pool tag.