Wyoming draw question

Can someone explain to me how the no -resident draw in WY works? I’ve applied for a first, second, and third choice unit. I have 2 PP’s and also put in for the special. I primarily would like to know if I draw my second or third choice units will I still keep my PP’s? Do I have as much of a chance of drawing my third choice unit as I would have if I made it my first choice? I’m hunting with an outfitter so I applied per his instructions. Not worried about any of this, just looking for better understand how their draw works. Thanks!

OP
M
I found the answer to my second question but not to the first - will I use my PP’s if I draw 2nd or 3rd choice options?

Rich M

WKR
You've got good advice on how to apply, for sure.

You only use points if draw 1st choice.

OP
M
You've got good advice on how to apply, for sure.

You only use points if draw 1st choice.
Awesome! From the looks of it the units for my first two choices will require more points than I have. Who knows. I may get lucky and get a tag on the random draw though? Third choice was unit 25 and that looks like it’d be a sure bet. Thanks guys!

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome! From the looks of it the units for my first two choices will require more points than I have. Who knows. I may get lucky and get a tag on the random draw though? Third choice was unit 25 and that looks like it’d be a sure bet. Thanks guys!
You might beat the odds, that small random chance is what keeps a lot of hunters applying.

So it shows that unit 25 has a 100% chance with zero PP’s in the special. Is that for first choice only then or altogether - 2nd a d 3rd choice as well?
That’s for 1st choice only. You may get lucky on 3rd choice in the special though. That depends on how many people apply this year and tag cuts also. Plus posting the unit on an open forum might draw more attention.

OP
M
That’s for 1st choice only. You may get lucky on 3rd choice in the special though. That depends on how many people apply this year and tag cuts also. Plus posting the unit on an open forum might draw more attention.
Well, I’m betting that most people have already put in for their tags. Nothing special about these units other than the outfitter has leases there. If I were going to do a diy hunt I would personally pic other units.