Wyoming Draw

Whip

WKR
It's been a long wait, but finally the time is getting near. Anyone know how good Wyoming is with sticking to the tentative draw schedule? I'm hoping I might finally have a reasonable shot at a tag this year, but been burned by point creep too often to put all my eggs in that basket. So I have also put in for a LE elk tag. If moose results are out May 6th as expected and I don't draw I will hope for the best on elk. But if I get lucky on the moose I'll withdraw the elk application proper to the May 10th deadline.
Keeping my fingers crossed that everything stays on schedule.

If the other states are the canary in the coal mine, expect odds to be much worst than you'd might expect. WY has a whole lot of people on the sidelines with points

OP
W

Whip

WKR
If the other states are the canary in the coal mine, expect odds to be much worst than you'd might expect. WY has a whole lot of people on the sidelines with points
I think you're absolutely right. That's why I'm not very confident on the moose tag even though I would have drawn it last year if I had applied. The elk tag I would have easily drawn last year in the regular pool but withdrew when the chance at an Alaska moose hunt dropped in my lap and did that instead. This year I went ahead and did special for the elk tag.

I think covid kept a lot of people on the sidelines last year that are now jumping back in with both feet.

wysongdog

WKR
Heck that date is rapidly approaching lol. I think my wife and I are pushing 20 points so maybe I better pay attention. Last moose tag was 27 years ago. Damn I’m getting old

Cinch

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve applied for a moose tag in WY for 30 years and never drawn... meanwhile my dads drawn 5 over the years...

OP
W

Whip

WKR
Looks like I'm left out again. All I see is one additional preference point.

OP
W

Whip

WKR
At least you have elk to look forward to Joe 👍
That is the hope. I think my chances are pretty good but the way point creep is going this year I'm just not sure. We'll see in a couple more weeks. This is nerve wracking!