Wyoming Elk draw question

Nwernig

FNG
Hello all.... New to this forum..... My brother and I are building up our preference points for the Unit that we want to bull elk hunt, yet I am wanting to get up there and do some hunting for some cow elk. If I am reading it all correctly, I can put in for a reduced price cow elk (Type 6 correct?) in a unit that it's available and it will not affect my preference points if I get drawn for it. Is this correct?
I don't want to mistakenly use years of points on a cow hunt, so any help/clarification would be appreciated

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yup, that is correct. FYI, we now have the cow tags inside of TagHub, bear in mind that most of them are 100% draw odds and then cleared out in the second draw. The valuable information is the success odds, but also bear in mind that a LOT of resident cow hunters never take the field. Especially if they kill a bull earlier.

The public land cow tags that I know of that ysed to be 100% aren’t anymore. The ones I do know of are in places that are mostly private land with no access and of course that’s where the elk are stacked up.