Wyoming General D Deer tag odds

tacoma96

FNG
I put in as a second choice for a Wyoming General D tag and I currently have 2 points. What would you think my odds are? I got to get away this year so not worried about killing anything just the experience. Also I don't know crap about what I'm doing so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

fmyth

WKR
Thanks, sorry like I said I have no idea what I'm doing.
No problem. We all have a lot to learn. Some of us just started earlier. Best of luck in the draw. I only have one point for deer so have no chance to draw in the unit where I am elk hunting. I put in for a reduced price doe/fawn tag. I have a much greater chance to draw the doe/fawn tag, its only $50ish and it won't take my points and the odds are much better. If drawn I'll still get to experience hunting/camping and will learn a little more about hunting and the unit.

Laramie

WKR
I put in as a second choice for a Wyoming General D tag and I currently have 2 points. What would you think my odds are? I got to get away this year so not worried about killing anything just the experience. Also I don't know crap about what I'm doing so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
If draw odds remain similar to 2019, you won't draw on a second choice. All of the tags last year wen't out in the first round. However, things can and do change. Typically areas get easier to draw but I did see several elk areas change odds for the better this year while many others got harder.

OP
T

tacoma96

FNG
Regular, 1st choice G 2nd D and 3rd H. Can I and should I modify to make D my 1st choice?

Elite7

FNG
You may want to look at draw odds more if you want to hunt this year. G and H your only shot will be in the random draw if you put it as first choice. I didn’t look up region D but if you put that as first choice you will lose your points when you draw it.