Wyoming General Points for 2020?

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
Stupid question, which I think the answer is no, but I’ll ask: can a NR put in for the general tag as first choice and special tag as second choice? IE try to get drawn on the lower priced general tag and if I don’t get drawn, then be eligible for the higher priced special tag?

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Stupid question, which I think the answer is no, but I’ll ask: can a NR put in for the general tag as first choice and special tag as second choice? IE try to get drawn on the lower priced general tag and if I don’t get drawn, then be eligible for the higher priced special tag?

No. Unless I have totally missed the boat, you can’t mix special and regular on a single application. Kinda sucks when you want to put in for special antelope buck and you want to do regular doe/fawn. Won’t let you do it.

jmez

WKR
No, can't do that.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
No. Unless I have totally missed the boat, you can’t mix special and regular on a single application. Kinda sucks when you want to put in for special antelope buck and you want to do regular doe/fawn. Won’t let you do it.

WY doesn't have "regular" doe/fawn licenses.
There are 3 draws for E/D/A; Regular price/Special price/Reduced price. You can apply in 2, provided only 1 is full price (regular/special).
They do have Regular and Special antlerless Elk licenses as well as Reduced price cow/calf..

So I should probably not get my hopes up if I applied for the regular general tag with 0 points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sasquatch

WKR
I am surprised at this question. All of my credit cards (3) have a zero balance outside of hunting season app season. Why would i want to pay it and be out the full price of multiple states tags? That would be 3-4k depending on where all i apply and what i apply for. The interest charges lost are much better than me paying out a fat lump of money on tags i most likely wont draw, then waiting to be refunded after that.

But in the long run, it’s cheaper. I’d rather not pay interest for nothing.

That’d almost be like paying the bank interest for holding your money.

It sucks to be out of the money yes, but I’d rather not be charged extra for it just because

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
I am surprised at this question. All of my credit cards (3) have a zero balance outside of hunting season app season. Why would i want to pay it and be out the full price of multiple states tags? That would be 3-4k depending on where all i apply and what i apply for. The interest charges lost are much better than me paying out a fat lump of money on tags i most likely wont draw, then waiting to be refunded after that.

use a debit card

Thanks-although I was confusing and confused-you cleared it up for me 👍

Or you could look for something that has high odds for a second choice (cow tag)? That'd be a full price tag for a cow, but for some it'd be worth it. There are also leftover tags at reduced price for cow/calf.

I expect to draw what we put in for with 9 points, but still put a full priced cow for a second choice (I think it was about 57% draw for last year). A few guys on here made the good point that getting in a cow hunt in the same area you'd like to draw for bull sometime is a fine way to scout.

fatlander

WKR
No interest issues with a debit card, so I think it would. If you can't live without the money in your bank account for a few months, you probably have bigger problems.

You do know how debit cards work right? They take the money like a check. . . So, if you have enough money to put it on your debit card you’re a fool to not put it on a credit card. Then pay it off at the end of the month. You’re wasting rewards. Credit cards are great for the consumer if they never carry a balance. It’s free money.

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
You do know how debit cards work right? They take the money like a check. . . So, if you have enough money to put it on your debit card you’re a fool to not put it on a credit card. Then pay it off at the end of the month. You’re wasting rewards. Credit cards are great for the consumer if they never carry a balance. It’s free money.

We all have different preferences. I certainly didn't intend to single anyone out or imply anyone is broke; that's silly.

I just don't like to have a negative balance on my credit card, so I prefer to use a debit card and pass on the 2% cash back.

If someone is OK with paying interest for a temporary line of credit, that's fine. Carry on.

NoWiser

WKR
I just don't like to have a negative balance on my credit card, so I prefer to use a debit card and pass on the 2% cash back.

If I used a debit card instead of a credit card for the last 5 years I'd have the exact same credit card balance right now - $0.00. But, I wouldn't have had free plane tickets for the last 5 years for my entire family for our spring vacation, not to mention the $4,000.00 worth of built up points I'm sitting on right now for future vacations. I'd have also had a lot bigger headache when my card number got stolen and the thief went on a shopping spree.

justin84

Lil-Rokslider
If I used a debit card instead of a credit card for the last 5 years I'd have the exact same credit card balance right now - $0.00. But, I wouldn't have had free plane tickets for the last 5 years for my entire family for our spring vacation, not to mention the $4,000.00 worth of built up points I'm sitting on right now for future vacations. I'd have also had a lot bigger headache when my card number got stolen and the thief went on a shopping spree.

The problem with these forum conversations is most people misread and misinterpret things. This is another example.

I agree with your post. Reward cards are great. I enjoy the same benefits you described. I simply prefer not to use a credit card on a purchase where it is more likely that I'll get a refund, resulting in a negative balance. We're all different, and no need to convince me of the value of a rewards credit card.

NoWiser

WKR
The problem with these forum conversations is most people misread and misinterpret things. This is another example.

I agree with your post. Reward cards are great. I enjoy the same benefits you described. I simply prefer not to use a credit card on a purchase where it is more likely that I'll get a refund, resulting in a negative balance. We're all different, and no need to convince me of the value of a rewards credit card.

That makes sense. I did misread your post. Good luck. I hope you have at least a few applications without refunds this year.

Yeah, I got into the elk game way to late in life. Wish I had been building points. I only have 2 points this year. I would've loved to go but odds didn't look good. I just hope I can draw the general tag with 3 points next year.
Story of my life! I'm 58 now. Never had the money to chase Elk before. Now I would have to wait 3-5 years to build points in Wy. Good luck to all!

Lefty26

FNG
Story of my life! I'm 58 now. Never had the money to chase Elk before. Now I would have to wait 3-5 years to build points in Wy. Good luck to all!

I thought I entered the game late getting started at 41. If I'm still chasing elk at 58 I will die a happy man. Props to you guys that realize its never too late to chase a dream and make it happen!!!