Wyoming General Tag Elk

I actually was joking!

But blame bowhunter307 for spewing the secrets! 😂
I was white tail hunting on some ag land in NE Wyoming once. The funny old farmer who lived there told me about the refuge and made it sound like a free for all. All of us hunting together joked about mounting a .50 cal on a jeep and just mowing down elk at the refuge. I thought he was just the ramblings of a crazy guy. Turns out it's not a free for all, but he wasn't completely off.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I was white tail hunting on some ag land in NE Wyoming once. The funny old farmer who lived there told me about the refuge and made it sound like a free for all. All of us hunting together joked about mounting a .50 cal on a jeep and just mowing down elk at the refuge. I thought he was just the ramblings of a crazy guy. Turns out it's not a free for all, but he wasn't completely off.
I think super late in the year it can almost get that way. I know guys that were field dressing their elk and had bullets whizzing overhead, can be a damn shooting gallery when its packed. I only hunt the early part of the season to avoid that.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I think super late in the year it can almost get that way. I know guys that were field dressing their elk and had bullets whizzing overhead, can be a damn shooting gallery when its packed. I only hunt the early part of the season to avoid that.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I've never actually done it yet, but I've heard a lot of guys have success with using their unfilled full price tag. Pretty cool like system that even a lot of resident hunters don't know about.

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
East of Cheyenne is a sleeper area ........I would do some escouting of the area......pretty good odds of pulling a booner out of there

go_deep

WKR
East of Cheyenne is a sleeper area ........I would do some escouting of the area......pretty good odds of pulling a booner out of there

I know you're making a joke, but I personally know of 5 bulls killed on wheat fields east of Cheyenne, and I've personal seen elk too while at work. Most of the bulls are smaller, but the one bull that I personally know of was just over 330"

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
I know you're making a joke, but I personally know of 5 bulls killed on wheat fields east of Cheyenne, and I've personal seen elk too while at work. Most of the bulls are smaller, but the one bull that I personally know of was just over 330"
Now how could you say such? Hence sleeper.....😉

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
Now how could you say such? Hence sleeper.....😉