Wyoming job opportunity

HOT ROD

WKR
I cant comment on Sublet county... From what I hear... The drug of choice in Natrona County is Meth... And I am pretty sure.. That's the drug of choice in Wyoming... Is it worse than any other state... I don't think it is...

JWP58

WKR
Meth and heroin are popular and it feels like it's on the rise. No idea about Sublette specifically.

TXCO

WKR
I love Pinedale and worked out of there for a while. Great area.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Sublet County Question,
I hunted the area twice and you are correct on the vast amount of game. Can you tell me if opioid epidemic has hit this area? I heard some rough unconfirmed roomers about drug abuse in this part of the west. Years ago I did see anti-crystal meth billboard warnings on the HWY. Heard a story of a Lumber/Hardware chain pulling the plug on a proposed location because the work force could not pass a drug screen. I noticed a lot of closed business and thriving liquor stores and bars. One local cowboy gave me his perspective on the Pinedale area and the impact money has had on the town. He said something like following: "When the billionaires moved into Jackson Hole they made millionaires out of the folks that sold out. These new money people flush with cash moved to Pinedale. Paying top dollar for land from the local ranches that had some land but little money. The locals having never been so well off, now had more money than ever and did not know how to handle the prosperity. The result being they party too much." Is drug and alcohol abuse really so bad, or is this problem overstated and overblown?

LaGriz

Drug abuse is not a problem in Sublette. Is it their, of course but it's in every county of every state, just ask any local cop in any town and he'll point you to the crack heads. Alcohol and bars are and have always been in Sublette, just like every county in Wyoming. This is a major vacation destination and people drink on vacation. I call it job security!! As for the money moving in, yes and no. The money is a issue in Alpine. Blue color can't live in Alpine, Pinedale is still at a price point everyone can afford who works. The fact there are no real trailer parks in pinedale keeps the drugs out.