Wyoming job opportunity

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Those of you that know Wyoming, know that Sublette County (Pinedale) is with out a doubt the top area in the state if you love to hunt, fish and explore the wilderness. Sublette County Sheriffs office has a few road deputy slots currently open. Pay and benefits and work load is great! This county is made up of a handful of smaller mountain ranching and recreation towns so there is no police departments, it's just the Sheriffs office and Highway Patrol (me). Openings in this area are few and far between for both of us so this is a great and rare opportunity.

Sublette county is just south of Jackson Hole (separated by the famous Hoback Canyon) and is surrounded by all public over the counter (for residents) hunting. This is a true resort area and a dream area to raise a family, the county is extremely well off financially due to some of the largest oil deposits in the country being just south of town. The town Rec center, schools, rodeo grounds and town events and the finest in the west. For being one of the least populated counties in the state, we have the most expensive rec center in the state with indoor rock climbing, full gym, Olympic swimming pools, water parks and full day care. From town you can ride a bike to the ski resort or walk to Fremont lake for unreal fishing or having a beer at the lodge. I truly feel there is no better place to raise a family or just live if your a outdoor enthusiast.

My wife and I spent a couple years traveling the state trying to find a town to set up roots to raise our girls and when we looked into Pinedale we were sold instantly. You have a true small town way of life, with the town amminities of a large town due to the oil field royalties. Best of all, I'm a 20 min-hour drive from my deer and elk camps and can pack the family into a new mountain lake every week of summer.

This agency is amazing, I don't work for them but many of my buddies do and they all love life. You can contact them at the link below or if you have any questions about the area I can fill you in or point you to the right source. Do some quick googling of Pinedale, Bondurant, Fremont Lake, Hoback Canyon, Bridger national forest, the Wyoming range and the pictures will speak for themselves.

Sublette County - Official Website

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Yep, Pinedale is a great area. It's changed over the years but still a nice place. My parents started going up there every end of August in the early 50's, and I started going with them as a one month old in 1965. I still have no idea why my dad never bought a place up there, as we were there every year. If the job was summer only, it would be a great job.;) I'm pretty good friends with the retired Sublitte County sheriff's brother down here in CO. Seems I run into Pinedale connections all the time for such a small place. This will be a great job for someone.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Also some of the worst air pollution in the nation:cool:

Pull your head out of the snow and put down the Wyoming Whiskey! :cool:The air up here is thin but it's 2nd to none! You must be thinking Salt Lake City, whole valley is a giant smog cloud.

Last edited:

Moose2367

Lil-Rokslider
Wish i could find an LE dept that hires non US citizens. I'm an ex LEO here in Aust and would mover there in a heartbeat, but i am too old for a working visa.

JWP58

WKR
Sublette wouldn't be too bad. Pay is decent for the state, 25yr (now unless you're grandfathered at 20) retirement. But if you're not already in le, I don't know if I could recommend it as a profession.....go be a fireman, everybody loves those guys.

Sublette wouldn't be too bad. Pay is decent for the state, 25yr (now unless you're grandfathered at 20) retirement. But if you're not already in le, I don't know if I could recommend it as a profession.....go be a fireman, everybody loves those guys.

Everybody ???? lol.. ( I'm a retired Cop working in communications) :cool:

gibbons025

Lil-Rokslider
Man that would be a fun job. I have a buddy that's a BIA Officer in Lander. His pictures are amazing. I went to a lot of training with you guys ( Desert Snow ) and they were all great guys to be around.

JWP58

WKR
And park in front of the hydrant, house, or someplace we need to get to :p

Ya we do get there quick and take up prized parking spots....no video games or grocery shopping to slow us down.

;)

Wonder what type of SAR stuff they have in Sublette? That would be fun

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR

The good old "Evidence Eradication Team" in their big red trucks!! Nice thing about the cowboy state is as a whole, the public loves law enforcement.

LaGriz

WKR
Sublet County Question,
I hunted the area twice and you are correct on the vast amount of game. Can you tell me if opioid epidemic has hit this area? I heard some rough unconfirmed roomers about drug abuse in this part of the west. Years ago I did see anti-crystal meth billboard warnings on the HWY. Heard a story of a Lumber/Hardware chain pulling the plug on a proposed location because the work force could not pass a drug screen. I noticed a lot of closed business and thriving liquor stores and bars. One local cowboy gave me his perspective on the Pinedale area and the impact money has had on the town. He said something like following: "When the billionaires moved into Jackson Hole they made millionaires out of the folks that sold out. These new money people flush with cash moved to Pinedale. Paying top dollar for land from the local ranches that had some land but little money. The locals having never been so well off, now had more money than ever and did not know how to handle the prosperity. The result being they party too much." Is drug and alcohol abuse really so bad, or is this problem overstated and overblown?

LaGriz