Wyoming left over tags.

FURMAN

WKR
Just wanted to point out that Wyoming has changed the way leftover tags will be sold this year. It will be by draw as opposed to OTC first come first serve. I think the app period is 6/26-6/30.

Nubs

FNG
I'm wondering if they do t sell their quota if any leftovers will be available after? I don't see what's so unfair about being able to buy otc what's left after the draw.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

WyoElk

WKR
Tags leftover after the leftover draw will be available to buy at the counter.

desertcj

WKR
I'm wondering if they do t sell their quota if any leftovers will be available after? I don't see what's so unfair about being able to buy otc what's left after the draw.

Because they limited the left over draw tags to one full price "Any" and one reduced price "Doe/fawn" per person. Instead of first come first serve where you could have bought 2 "Any" tags and 4 "Doe/fawn" tags if you were on top of things. Gives over 4 times as much opportunity to just get a tag....any tag.

Nubs

FNG
I guess I'm not as familiar with how some of this stuff work. Been out west twice and bout otc tags both times 10 years separate. Looking to try and go once a year now so need to start figuring things out a bit better.

BuzzH

WKR
Because they limited the left over draw tags to one full price "Any" and one reduced price "Doe/fawn" per person. Instead of first come first serve where you could have bought 2 "Any" tags and 4 "Doe/fawn" tags if you were on top of things. Gives over 4 times as much opportunity to just get a tag....any tag.

Wrong, each person can apply for 2 full price buck tags and up to 4 doe tags in the leftover draw for pronghorn. Same for deer, with the exception of at least one buck permit must be for a whitetail buck only. Elk, you can apply for and receive up to 3 elk tags, only one of which can be a type 0,1,2, 3, or 9...

desertcj

WKR
Wrong, each person can apply for 2 full price buck tags and up to 4 doe tags in the leftover draw for pronghorn. Same for deer, with the exception of at least one buck permit must be for a whitetail buck only. Elk, you can apply for and receive up to 3 elk tags, only one of which can be a type 0,1,2, 3, or 9...

That's weird. Wasn't an option for me? Maybe because I applied as a party with my buddy? In my case it was definitely limited to one tag each. There was a note saying as much.

BuzzH

WKR
I just went through the process (but didn't purchase) doe pronghorn...allowed me to apply for 4 tags.

Plus, its in regulation...

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Regulations/Regulation-PDFs/REGULATIONS_CH2.pdf

(c) For antelope, no person shall apply for and receive more than one (1) full price antelope license (Type 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 9) through the initial drawing. After the initial drawing is completed, any person may apply for and receive up to two (2) full price antelope licenses. However, no person shall apply for and receive more than a total of two (2) full price antelope licenses.

After the initial drawing is completed, any person may purchase up to four (4) limited quota reduced price doe/fawn antelope licenses. However, no person shall apply for and receive more than a total of four (4) limited quota reduced price doe/fawn antelope licenses.

desertcj

WKR
Ok, it must have only been limited for party applications. I am aware of the max total number of tags allowed. I did not have the option to select more than 1 tag. Believe me or don't. No sweat of my back....

BuzzH

WKR
Party members can apply for any number of tags they are eligible for...I think you missed the drop down box to select the number of permits.

Unless you already drew one buck in the initial draw?

No sweat for me either, get only one tag if you want. But its nice to let others know they can apply for 2 bucks in the leftover draw and up to 4 doe tags...

desertcj

WKR
I did not miss the drop down box. Unless the website was broken....my only option when I applied was 1 tag.

"The quantity is limited to one per sportsperson for party applications."

Last edited:

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
When is the deadline for the antelope leftover draw? I become a resident July 1st, will I miss it?

JWP58

WKR
Well I hope everyone else was far more successful than I this year. Cant draw a buck tag to save my life. Apparently I'll just apply for the shit access areas first go-round instead of the not so shit areas in hopes of actually drawing a buck tag as a resident and not relying on the leftover draw. At least I drew a couple of doe tags so I can have some antelope meat.

Didn't draw elk, didn't draw antelope, glad I didn't even bother applying for deer.