Wyoming limited quota area 123

reid

FNG
I am trying to find some info on area 123 in Wyoming. Is it available every other year? Eastman only had info on it from 2011 and was na for last year. Have been bow hunting Idaho otc and waiting to draw a good tag in Wyoming. I was looking at the early riffle season in that unit and have been trying to find some info out on it. I have to take my elk trip in September and was looking for a possible gun hunt.

2rocky

WKR
I hunted there in 2003 and ran into elk. I had a deer tag and we could hear elk bugling. Saw one ok 5x5 and a broken 6x6. Very little timber (most of which is private) Much of the unit is private and there are lots of roads. I bumped into a guide for SNS outfitters and let's just say that experience turned me off of them from then on. Lots of dry washes that critters can hide in. It is surprising to see elk out in the "desert " North of 450. I think all the tag holders will be hunting the same general area.

It is going to take a lot of time looking at maps to figure how to get to the Public, then trying to find a high point to spot elk from. Might not hurt to have an Antelope tag in that country either.

That is all I know...

How many tags are available?

OP
R

reid

FNG
Thanks. I saw that access was limited in that unit but couldn't find much about the tag. Doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. I have hunted a spot in Idaho where we have seen some good bulls and pressure was really limited. The problem is that it is really open and we have had a hard time calling bulls in.going to try a decoy next year. I have just 3 points in Wyoming and was going to try to apply for a tag that would be worth not going to my spot in Idaho if I drew it. I was trying to build up my points in Wyoming to draw a great tag even if it takes quite a few years. Just don't want to draw a mediocre unit and waste my points.