Wyoming / Montana Antelope Combo?

Brendan

WKR
Want to see what the collective group thinks. I might only have 1 week off from work this year to head west (might have more, but not sure) and I've never hunted Antelope, so I'm considering a rifle Antelope hunt second half of October. But, I also like filling the freezer so like the opportunity to shoot multiple - Bucks where I have the tags, surplus doe tags where possible. They don't quite add up to what you get out of an Elk... (No trophy expectations - a representative buck or two, and whatever else I have a tag for)

Am I over-extending myself applying and trying to draw tags in Wyoming and Montana? Probably eastern parts of the state... I'm sitting on 3 Points in Wyoming, and 2 in Montana.

Let me know what you think. I could also try and fill in my time there with small game, waterfowl, fishing, or surplus/OTC whitetail doe tags where available if I end up with time on my hands.

I'm also up in the air about an Alaska deer trip as another option, or I could draw a WY Region H deer tag and hunt bear too, but not sure it's the year for those.

robie

WKR
You can do two states in a week no problem. I would try to pick units near each other.

Last year I did 3 antelope in a 3 day weekend. Buck Doe in SD and buck in MT.

Had a blast.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
You can do eeeett! As robie mentioned, just put in for regions that are close to each other. Actually sounds like a blast, especially if you add bird hunting. I'm sure you know this, but rifle deer in MT usually starts towards the end of October.

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
Might be a good year for this type of hunt. Yes - I'd pick dates both are open, try to draw units that look good for the points I have, ideally near each other. Would go in for doe antelope tags where I can get them, then bird hunting, waterfowl, small game, fishing, whatever until it was time to head for home.

Whitetail would depend on if the rifle season is open when I went and whether or not there were any relatively easy freezer filler opportunities. Probably wouldn't bee too motivated to bring my bow to chase them when I hunt them September - December around home. The more I think about it, this is sounding less likely.

I suppose I could even chase fall turkey in certain spots too while out exploring.