wyoming mule deer 6 points to burn Rochelle Hills??? or other area

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
I am tired of the point creep and like to use my 6 points this year for 100% draw odds. I been looking at unit 10 Rochelle Hills area. I am 55 years old and to get enough points to get a great area seems to be out of reach. I have been there hunting one day years back when it was a general tag. I plan on spending some time archery hunting and then if unsuccessful return with riffle.

My question is this unit worth the 6 points or is there better choices out there?

anyone hunt this are lately?

Anyone with 6 points or more looking for some one to hunt with? I can never get local guys to go.

any help would be appreciated

wyosteve

WKR
I haven't hunted it lately, but it always holds a few good deer. The bigger issue is making sure you can get access. Much of it is on or surrounded by private land. I don't know how many points it takes, but you might look at the western fringes of the Black Hills out of Sundance. Even though it's forest, there's always a few mulies hanging around. Good Luck.

Fatcamp

WKR
Took 5 to draw for 2018. Guy Eastman put it on a list so it has some attention now.

I would burn the points and hunt it, but I've been there and really like the area. We drew it with one point in 2016. G in the special draw would probably make more sense.

OP
NEWYORKHILLBILLY

NEWYORKHILLBILLY

Lil-Rokslider
G in the special or H. If this winter stays the way its going next year is going to be a good one.

Looking at the drawing odds it might be possible to get a G with 6 points. last year it would have been 80% i assume that will go down to 30% for 2019 if there is a light winter, is there grizzly's in the area? I thinking if there is the be in the northern part 144 and 145 But i also thinking the nice mule deer might be up in the norther part

Jd259

WKR
Not supposed to be grizz that far south but there’s always the chance. I hunted h last year in a place where there weren’t supposed to be any and I even talked to the warden at the trailhead and he assured me there weren’t any in there... well there were I saw one on my last afternoon in there so anything’s possible but I was a little further north than you would be in g.