Wyoming new guy

go_deep

WKR
New guy from SE Wyoming. Pretty much hunt anything I can get a tag for. Since my son started hunting I've started spending more time looking for the older age class animals since he's been doing a good job filling the freezer. I'm not so much a trophey hunter inch wise, just looking for the old smart one to out smart. Love to help out first time hunters regardless of age and youth. If I can help point someone in the right direction, please ask.

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
Welcome. Shoot any deer last year?
Negative, passed up 16 different bucks on my general tag, this was the biggest, figured he was only 3 years old. Seen the buck I would have loved to have tagged on the last day of season, 9th day hunting, but no dice on a shot. Took a coworker out whos 58 and he shot his first buck ever, he's definitely hooked. Friend from Wisconsin was out and helped him find a 5 year old wide 3 point, and my son shot his first mule buck a spike. 20201120_100500.jpg

Fatcamp

WKR
Ua, I shot a whitetail this year due to not finding a mule deer I was willing to take. Always next year. 😁

dank

FNG
SE wyoming, looks like we're neighbors! Mule deer is something that has alluded my rather brief efforts. Definitely plan to learn a lot more this year and try to get into them.

Travis907

WKR
Welcome from Indiana! Congrats on getting your son and two others deer! Making lasting memories is what it’s all about. I love hunting WY every fall! Great state for the sportsman!

NE Wyoming here going on my 3rd year getting back into hunting. First year got skunked with a general tag, 2020 bagged and tagged both my doe tags but still ate tag soup with my general tag. Looking to find anything bigger than last years baby buck this year.

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
NE Wyoming here going on my 3rd year getting back into hunting. First year got skunked with a general tag, 2020 bagged and tagged both my doe tags but still ate tag soup with my general tag. Looking to find anything bigger than last years baby buck this year.

I work and hunt up in the NE some, you got some good deer opportunities up there!

Yeah I'm trying to decide if I want to try putting in for area 10 down in the Rochelle Hills or try something towards the southeast side of the bighorns.

OP
go_deep

go_deep

WKR
Yeah I'm trying to decide if I want to try putting in for area 10 down in the Rochelle Hills or try something towards the southeast side of the bighorns.

I've worked around that country in 10 alot, there's a lot of good bucks, not great, but good bucks in there. If your not looking for a B&C buck is worth your time if you can draw.

Yeah I make weekly trips down to the black thunder coal mine and have shot prairie dogs out on the grasslands there. I've seen a few down there I wouldn't pass up