Wyoming non res wilderness hunting

hello,

was wondering about the rule i read that prohibits nonresidents from hunting in Wyoming wilderness areas unless accompanied by a resident. just wondering what the reason would be behind this.

thanks!

OP
gigandet642016
Overtly: safety
Covertly: guide welfare
thats what i figured, from what i read when it was challenged in 1985 they said it was not a constitutional right to hunt. but in 2012 they added a clause to the state constitution that it is a right to hunt and trap. kinda contradicting. kinda weird they are the only state that does this. not even Alaska... except on Kodiak.

CorbLand

WKR
thats what i figured, from what i read when it was challenged in 1985 they said it was not a constitutional right to hunt. but in 2012 they added a clause to the state constitution that it is a right to hunt and trap. kinda contradicting. kinda weird they are the only state that does this. not even Alaska... except on Kodiak.
I believe that state constitutions only apply to those that are a resident of that state.

OP
gigandet642016
Wyoming - come backpack through the wilderness areas, camp, fish, spend all the time you want
Also Wyoming - do the above but add a bow, muzzleloader or rifle sorry that is just too dangerous. You have to go with this 20 year old kid that just flew in last week for your safety.
lol i know right, kind of redundant

Will_m

WKR
Alaska doesn't allow goat, sheep or grizzly hunting by non-residents with a guide.

It has nothing to do with safety and, in reference to an earlier post, I don't think Wyoming makes any case that it's being done for the safety of non-residents. It's purely an economic issue--protecting the outfitting industry.

We can hike, maybe bike, climb, backpack, geocache, forage, yadyada without a guide on OUR public land but don't carry a weapon or you pony up for an outfitter. Complete BS. If I hit the PowerBall I would hire a law firm to fight this. can't imagine if it went to the federal court level it would stand. Especially since WY and AK are pretty unique in this stance.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with a guide a few years back in Cloud Peak Wilderness Area. Solid guide, nice guy and loved hunting. It was hysterical that we would be in wilderness area, cross a track and then be on non wilderness land where we then would not need a guide. Definitely something different.

WKR
Ah, the Wyoming Wilderness during hunting season...

It's actually amazing in there. A giant open bar with endless #'s of georgeous women and an all you can eat buffet (Friday nights are all you can eat prime rib and crab legs). The 350+ bulls even quarter themselves while all of the resident hunters count the $ from those poor bastards that live out of state. You wouldn't believe it really.

The non resident wailing and gnashing of teeth is the soundtrack that never gets old.

Good times.

😉

Iiiiiin this corner we have the visiting team, the Non-Residents, clean boots daddy's money and more vacation than the average fellers.

And iiiin this corner we have the home team, the Wyoming residents, the 307's, the cowboys, fu manchu's, tight jeans, and an affinity for sheep that goes beyond the love of good wool.

Tonight they clash, again, on the issue of wilderness hunting. Who will win? Who will prevail? Who can prove they give a shit more than the other? Stay tuned for the rematch of all rematches folks, promises to be a dooohooozy. I know who I got daddy's money on. Back to you Bob.

OP
gigandet642016
Iiiiiin this corner we have the visiting team, the Non-Residents, clean boots daddy's money and more vacation than the average fellers.

And iiiin this corner we have the home team, the Wyoming residents, the 307's, the cowboys, fu manchu's, tight jeans, and an affinity for sheep that goes beyond the love of good wool.

Tonight they clash, again, on the issue of wilderness hunting. Who will win? Who will prevail? Who can prove they give a shit more than the other? Stay tuned for the rematch of all rematches folks, promises to be a dooohooozy. I know who I got daddy's money on. Back to you Bob.
lmao this is the funniest post i read all day

OP
gigandet642016
Ah, the Wyoming Wilderness during hunting season...

It's actually amazing in there. A giant open bar with endless #'s of georgeous women and an all you can eat buffet (Friday nights are all you can eat prime rib and crab legs). The 350+ bulls even quarter themselves while all of the resident hunters count the $ from those poor bastards that live out of state. You wouldn't believe it really.

The non resident wailing and gnashing of teeth is the soundtrack that never gets old.

Good times.

😉
bulls and "beaver" what more could you want lol

robtattoo

WKR

Bastard! You owe my a big mouthfull of Woodford! 🤣🤣🤣

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
We can hike, maybe bike, climb, backpack, geocache, forage, yadyada without a guide on OUR public land but don't carry a weapon or you pony up for an outfitter. Complete BS. If I hit the PowerBall I would hire a law firm to fight this. can't imagine if it went to the federal court level it would stand. Especially since WY and AK are pretty unique in this stance.

Save your money, it’s already been tried and failed. O’Brien vs. State.