Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

Is it the 19th yet!? Yeah I know, almost two weeks left but the anticipation is killing me. Longest 3.5 months of my life… I’m sure I’m not alone.

Struck out on Montana so I’ve got my fingers crossed. Put in for the general tag under special draw with 3 points with no second or 3rd choice. CO is my backup plan if WY doesn’t pan out.

If you don’t mind, what did you put in for? Number of points? Similar to the MT thread update if you were successful after the draw.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I put in for reduced cow tags for 1st and 2nd choice, but I am still weighing my options in WY as far as which units to apply. Go for easy to draw or shoot for the moon? Only a couple more days to modify my selections.

I went 0/2 in AZ and NM. Montana B tag is an option if WY does not work out.

Djacker

WKR
I'm attempting to burn my 10 points on a decent type 1 tag. I also applied for a reduced price cow/Calf tag in the same unit.

3.4 point average in the special general draw. That should do it… always nice to see the word SUCCESSFUL

cfdjay

WKR
About to see if the "point dump" theories hold true. After Montana, I doubt it's a theory anymore.

cfdjay

WKR
The “point dump” isn’t something new. There have been guys burning 8, 9 and 10 points plus on general licenses for years. What’s new is everyone talking about it.

There's always been point creep, sure. The predictable handful of guys who drop their excessive points on a general. By "point dump" I mean a considerable spike in people doing that based on just wanting to hunt and writing on the wall tag allocation such as the 90/10. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
2.3 average for the regular general draw...going to need some luck on our side I believe

bdan68

WKR
My brother and I are in for a type 7 cow elk license. Looks like probably only about a 10% chance to draw. If we don't draw, we plan to apply for a type 1 deer license with 5.5 points. That's probably a low odds draw as well, but maybe better than 10 percent. Hoping the results are out a couple days early like they were with the moose, sheep, and goat tags.

CMF

WKR
Just going for another point this year, hoping to draw general regular next year with 4 points. I'm curious to see if 4 points guarantees a general regular tag this year

Just going for another point this year, hoping to draw general regular next year with 4 points. I'm curious to see if 4 points guarantees a general regular tag this year
I think you’ll be golden with that. Good luck! We all need a luck!

Last edited:
Hoping to draw general this year. I think we are in at 4 with the regular draw. Time will tell

link

FNG
I'm in with 14 points for a type 1. I've been wanting, waiting to do a late season Park county unit, but I'm a little behind, and I want to hunt, so I "settled" on a unit I think I can draw this year.

zacattack

WKR
Damn. I thought they decided to draw early when I saw the title. Got my hopes up. Put in for cow tags this year.

sneaky

"DADDY"
There's always been point creep, sure. The predictable handful of guys who drop their excessive points on a general. By "point dump" I mean a considerable spike in people doing that based on just wanting to hunt and writing on the wall tag allocation such as the 90/10. I guess we'll see.
90/10 has no bearing on general tag numbers, if anything it'll mean more general tags and fewer LQ tags.

Medic76

FNG
General tag special draw with 3 points, fingers crossed but should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk