Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

DoubleDropMuley

Lil-Rokslider
Had a out of state friend put his wife in for general tag with 3 points regular draw as it was 41% last year this year went to 0% bummer ha try again next year 😃

Can someone explain a couple of things to me, please? First, if a unit is LE and residents aren’t taking the tags, why are NR’s applying for them? Example, a certain unit has 25 tags available for a resident but for the last 3 years only a few have been issued. Some years none were issued. That same tag takes, say 2pts for a NR to draw. My numbers are general so as not to put a unit on blast but I’m getting them from GoHunt.

Second, what happens to the tags that are allocated for residents but aren’t issued? I could’ve missed it but I haven’t seen that WY has a leftover draw.

Thanks guys!
Non residents may be hiring a guide/outfitters for the unit considering it’s mostly private. Residents would rather not pay or just pick another unit.

There is a leftover draw for all the tags not drawn in the first draw. It is residents and non resident and uses no points either.

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Non residents may be hiring a guide/outfitters for the unit considering it’s mostly private. Residents would rather not pay or just pick another unit.

There is a leftover draw for all the tags not drawn in the first draw. It is residents and non resident and uses no points either.
That makes sense. Thanks!

KHNC

WKR
It was 2018. I remember you guys telling some stories about the hunt. I've talked to the resident you hunted with. I know the unit well. Hell, I think you shot a bull.

Not that it matters but at least you know that it wasn't WY that screwed up
Yep, you are correct. I was just coming on here this morning to post. I have 4 points in CO and only 3 in Wyoming. Got the two mixed up. I hunted Idaho in 2017 and Wyoming in 2018. Shit happens with memory i guess. buzz will be happy he proved me wrong with your help anyway.

Guess it was just bad luck to not draw with special and 3 points. Hey, I was wrong . I admit it.

bdan68

WKR
Hmm my credit card got charged an extra $93 yesterday? Any idea what that would be for?
You may have elected to be charged for your conservation license if you were successful in the draw, but that's only $21.50. So I'm not sure what it could be.

KHNC

WKR
You sure threw around a lot of hate on this thread, maybe a little self loathing is in order, :oops:.

Best of luck next year in the draw and make sure of your PPs and fellow applicants' PPs .
Yep, guess ill be classified as an asshole for a while. I get it. I was pretty pissed to begin with.

We all love to do what we do. If you say you never got emotional about hunting, high or low, I would never believe you. At any given moment we may think with our heart instead of our brain.
All a man can do is own it.

What are the common application mistakes that excludes someone from drawing? I just did a party app for my son and I for Antelope and it seemed pretty straight forward. But now I'm wondering what I could have messed up?

KHNC

WKR
What are the common application mistakes that excludes someone from drawing? I just did a party app for my son and I for Antelope and it seemed pretty straight forward. But now I'm wondering what I could have messed up?
Always make sure the unit you want is first. Never make it a 2nd choice for any reason. Putting a hard to reach unit first will practically guarantee you that you wont get anything at all if the 2nd choice requires points to get.

Always make sure the unit you want is first. Never make it a 2nd choice for any reason. Putting a hard to reach unit first will practically guarantee you that you wont get anything at all if the 2nd choice requires points to get.
Interesting, thanks. I almost just did that with Mule Deer, but I ended up making the 'primo' unit my second choice.