Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

Creep was right where we expected it to be, taking a party app with an avg close to 3.5000.
Exactly what I expected too. We had an average of 3.3. But I was nervous about it so added a friend to the party app to put us at 3.4 so I could sleep at night while waiting for 4 months. That .1 can literally make or break you ya know!

RedSnake

FNG
Burned my points a couple years ago in the Thorofare. Banking on winning a raffle Commissioners tag until I can build points back

Laramie

WKR
What in the actual F!!!. Put in with 2 buddys as a party . Both of them had 12 points . I had zero (i drew last year) That averages 8 points each. We even bought the special. For a general tag. Can someone tell me how we didnt draw ?
You figure out what happened?

Laramie

WKR
I did , we had 2 partys . 2 groups of 4 . 1 group of 4 drew , the other didnt . Now for the strange part , ( already got a call into wy) the group that had less points drew !!!!! lol .
So you went from 3 people splitting 24 points to 8 people splitting 24 points? One group likely drew random and the other didn't. Neither group had enough to be guaranteed...

If I'm dropping $1000+ I would be communicating and knowing exactly what was happening.

I did , we had 2 partys . 2 groups of 4 . 1 group of 4 drew , the other didnt . Now for the strange part , ( already got a call into wy) the group that had less points drew !!!!! lol .
So they added another applicant without your knowledge? I guess it's no big deal since they had the 12 points and you had the 0, but still seems like it should have been communicated.

Laramie

WKR
So they added another applicant without your knowledge? I guess it's no big deal since they had the 12 points and you had the 0, but still seems like it should have been communicated.
There is more to it than that... if two guys with 12 points added 2 guys with zero, they still would have drawn with their average of 6. The applicants first clue should have been that they were applying special. No reason to do that unless you feel you are on the edge of not drawing. It sounds like they split the 12 point guys between the groups so each group had 3 or slightly higher if one of the others had a point.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
figured it all out ! . There was a error , it was a computer error and everything worked out . they were really helpful once I got to the right person.

I got a LE out of the random. Didn't go back and check season info when the 2022 proposal came out. They removed archery season in the unit. I'll eat that tag.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't you just go hunt with your bow? Just because its rifle season doesnt mean that you have to "eat your tag." Dang...the hunt hasnt even started and you already quit lol.

KHNC

WKR
Why wouldn't you just go hunt with your bow? Just because its rifle season doesnt mean that you have to "eat your tag." Dang...the hunt hasnt even started and you already quit lol.
Maybe he likes to hunt the rut and hear bugles. I know its possible in october to have some rutting activity, but not like archery season in September.

Maybe he likes to hunt the rut and hear bugles. I know its possible in october to have some rutting activity, but not like archery season in September.

Totally get that. As a bowhunter, I feel the same way and its why we love Sept so much. I just think regardless, hunting elk in a good unit with no bugles and a bow is still better than sitting on a couch. Just my thoughts though.

LostArra

WKR
I got a LE out of the random. Didn't go back and check season info when the 2022 proposal came out. They removed archery season in the unit. I'll eat that tag.

Is dropping the archery season (Sept) a common thing in some areas?

I'll be honest. After hunting the same area for many years I never check for the archery season before I apply. I will now.

jmez

WKR
You can't check before you apply. You need to check the first week of May. That is when proposed seasons are published.