Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
What in the actual F!!!. Put in with 2 buddys as a party . Both of them had 12 points . I had zero (i drew last year) That averages 8 points each. We even bought the special. For a general tag. Can someone tell me how we didnt draw ?
1- Application error
2-G&F error (Did you print your app?)

After someone I know had an app screw up by G&F (Early 201x's) he had a copy of application and G&F issued him tag for unit. (As he had enough points)

I always print my apps and file.

In the special draw, less than 4 points was 100%, 3 points was 45%.

In the regular draw, 4 points was 100%, less than 4 was 12%.
Well that explains why I stuck out with 3 points, struck out on my Cow tag too. I guess I'll just make the poor deer down here pay for it this year. :D

We drew our type 6 tag now I need to get in shape and start scouting. Do I need to do anything different just hunting for cows that i would do if hunting for bulls?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
What in the actual F!!!. Put in with 2 buddys as a party . Both of them had 12 points . I had zero (i drew last year) That averages 8 points each. We even bought the special. For a general tag. Can someone tell me how we didnt draw ?

Somebody didn't have 12, there were zero apps in special gen with 8 points.

Shit for me and my dad two years in a row... I do type 1 special for our LE unit and then type 7. second year in a row I didn't draw anything. The first two times ever we didn't draw. Occasionally I've drawn both. Getting ugly

Drew a general with 5. First time hunting there, but I can say, WY has surely went the way of one or two hunts from here on out. Wow talk about insanity.

BuzzH

WKR
I wonder how things are going to look for my kids' hunting opportunity in 10 years. It's getting ugly.
Probably pretty good in Illinois I bet...I have hunted there the last couple years as NR, Residents have lots of opportunity there.

P dog

FNG
Drew 38-9 with 2 pts in the reg..I meant to withdraw my app. Forgot. Now not sure if I’ll even be able to hunt this tag with the Colorado deer tag I’ll have. Never draw anything I shouldn’t so probably should scrap my deer plans I guess
That is a damn nice draw! Congrats!

Drew my third choice for a raghorn bull in unit 123.
The wording on those tags seems interesting to me. I would think they would word it 5 pts or less on each antler or not more than 5 pts on any antler. Because to me saying 5pts or less on EITHER antler, leaves it open to someone saying well either this one or that one needs to be 5 points or less not both. So a 5x6 is just fine. . .

I felt their wording could be more clear when I looked at those changes. Congrats on the tag!

BuzzH

WKR
The wording on those tags seems interesting to me. I would think they would word it 5 pts or less on each antler or not more than 5 pts on any antler. Because to me saying 5pts or less on EITHER antler, leaves it open to someone saying well either this one or that one needs to be 5 points or less not both. So a 5x6 is just fine. . .

I felt their wording could be more clear when I looked at those changes. Congrats on the tag!
5x6 is a legal bull under the regulation.