Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

OP
B
This is why I’m about done with party apps. Hate having to hold hands with other people getting them to do what they are supposed to do, buy points, etc. Last year was the last time, and 2/3 of those guys were a pain to hunt with.

I’ve got one hunting buddy these days, as long as one of us has a tag, we’re going. With draw odds/points being the way they are these days, it works out better that way.

Last edited:
I fkn hate Wyoming right about now. Special with 4 pts and no GEN tag? W THE H!!!
Seeing some crazy stuff this yr for sure..I drew gen in the special with 3 pp. Buddy drew LE tag rwgular on his 1st choice with 3pp what's funny draw say no tags issued to anyone under 9pp in that unit...not sure how accurate those draw results are anymore.
Your buddy drew in the random pool which is a separate draw report.
No he did not. I confirmed.

Seeing some crazy stuff this yr for sure..I drew gen in the special with 3 pp. Buddy drew LE tag rwgular on his 1st choice with 3pp what's funny draw say no tags issued to anyone under 9pp in that unit...not sure how accurate those draw results are anymore.

That seems impossible. What unit/tag did he draw?

Tod osier

WKR

How did you confirm that?

BuzzH

WKR

Right, your odds of drawing the general special tag with 3 points was 45%...how is that crazy? Essentially a coin flip.

Your buddy drew a random tag, again, nothing crazy. You need to check both the Preference point draw and Random draw...every applicant is entered in the Preference draw, and everyone remaining is entered in the random draw.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
This thread is more entertaining than the Johnny Depp trial!

“I swear my buddies cousin had 4 points, or was it 3?” Average of 12 is 4 guaranteed, we hunted in 2017 or was it 2018. Damn you WY game and fish!!!”

More like, damn you influencers. WY has a booming elk population but it won’t keep up with the influencers of the world.

That seems impossible. What unit/tag did he draw?
I thought so too, told him he pulled in the ramdom and he would keep his points. He said his pp were blanked out.. did a quick screen share at lunch sure enough his 3 points were gone and he was successful on his 1st choice. They did issued 3 NR tags over the quota, Buzz your slippin, so not sure if that had something to do with it...been working all day gonna do some more research tonight.

Warrior10

FNG
I thought so too, told him he pulled in the ramdom and he would keep his points. He said his pp were blanked out.. did a quick screen share at lunch sure enough his 3 points were gone and he was successful on his 1st choice. They did issued 3 NR tags over the quota, Buzz your slippin, so not sure if that had something to do with it...been working all day gonna do some more research tonight.
You lose your PP when you draw your 1st choice in the random as well.

Chad E

WKR
You still loose your points if you draw first choice tag.....Buzz might be slipping but not on this one.

BuzzH

WKR
Its you're not your...

The only way they over-issue on a quota is if the last application pulled is a party, and they can over-issue up to 5 tags for each of the 4 draws NR Special points/random and NR Regular points/random. It is possible to over-issue any unit quota by a total of 25 tags, the 4 NR draws as well as the Resident draw.