Wyoming nonresident elk draw thread!

Its you're not your...

The only way they over-issue on a quota is if the last application pulled is a party, and they can over-issue up to 5 tags for each of the 4 draws nR Special points/random and NR Regular points/random. It is possible to over-issue any unit quota by a total of 25 tags, the 4 NR draws as well as the Resident draw.
I bet you're all kinds of fun at a party....smh

I thought so too, told him he pulled in the ramdom and he would keep his points. He said his pp were blanked out.. did a quick screen share at lunch sure enough his 3 points were gone and he was successful on his 1st choice. They did issued 3 NR tags over the quota, Buzz your slippin, so not sure if that had something to do with it...been working all day gonna do some more research tonight.
As others have stated you still loose your points in the random draw. Congrats to your buddy on a tag.

hunt1up

WKR
To the NRs(like myself) who are baffled by the WY draws, you need to brush up. Their system has always been accurate(for me) and I’ve hunted there I want to say something like 9 times since 2010 for antelope, deer, or elk.

Check the preference points draws first. If you’re point total didn’t draw a tag, but you did, go check the random draw. That’s where you drew.

If you put in with a friend who supposedly had X points and you didn’t draw, your friend was probably mistaken.

The sheer number of people that plan hunting trips to Wyoming and invest significant dollars into a draw without taking the time to understand the system baffles me. I guess Wyoming did make it easy for people to spend their money lol.
Yeah I bought 4 points at I think $50 each, an archery license and the tag fee I spent $1,000 ish on this tag. I prefer the $50 elk tag I used to buy as a WY resident 😆

Elite7

FNG
Love these threads and Wyoming has a great system. If I see people baffled why their points didn’t get them a tag in Wyoming it’s pretty much a guarantee the applicant messed up or didn’t have the points they thought they had. Now if this was a Montana thread it’s most likely that Montanas system screwed up again and they’ll just issue more tags to everyone involved in the glitch

OP
B
Love these threads and Wyoming has a great system. If I see people baffled why their points didn’t get them a tag in Wyoming it’s pretty much a guarantee the applicant messed up or didn’t have the points they thought they had. Now if this was a Montana thread it’s most likely that Montanas system screwed up again and they’ll just issue more tags to everyone involved in the glitch
Yeah no shit… Draw results at like 7am EST a day early, clearly says “successful/unsuccessful” on the email link, statistics posted by like 10am, and refunds processed in like a week, electronically refunded to the card used.

Other than having to apply three and a half months before the results are posted WY has their shit figured out. MT could learn a thing or two!

Little brother and I drew General. This will be our first trip in Wyoming, and we're pumped! Lot of success in Idaho, so we've got high hopes of putting a giant on the ground!

rbljack

WKR
unsuccessful again......GRRRRRRRRRR. No tags again this year. Applied in WY, AZ, and NM and came up empty. sigh....sadness

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain a couple of things to me, please? First, if a unit is LE and residents aren’t taking the tags, why are NR’s applying for them? Example, a certain unit has 25 tags available for a resident but for the last 3 years only a few have been issued. Some years none were issued. That same tag takes, say 2pts for a NR to draw. My numbers are general so as not to put a unit on blast but I’m getting them from GoHunt.

Second, what happens to the tags that are allocated for residents but aren’t issued? I could’ve missed it but I haven’t seen that WY has a leftover draw.

Thanks guys!