Wyoming October kuiu Layering System

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys just wanted to see what you guys think of my layering system for my Wyoming late October Rifle Hunt. Next to skin (base layers): My Kuiu Merino LS shirt and firstlite Aerowool 200 merino bottoms as my base layers. Kuiu ultra merino 145 quarter zip. Peloton 200 zip T or Peloton 240 Full zip hoodie. Axis Jacket. Axis and Guide pants (1 pair of each). Chugach NX rain jacket+pants. Kuiu Yukon Gaiters and new Crispi Guide GTX insulated boots with Darn Tough Socks+ sock liners.

Do you think a lightweight puffy will be necessary. This will be a horseback hunt?

Any other layering items you think I need or should change would be appreciated. Thanks

A puffy would be good. If it’s cold you need some insulation on top. I would vote kenai since you’re not backpacking.

Also might want some toe warmers in the pack.

OP
C

cambo0420

Lil-Rokslider
A puffy would be good. If it’s cold you need some insulation on top. I would vote kenai since you’re not backpacking.

Also might want some toe warmers in the pack.
Most of my hunting is backpack hunting except for this horseback hunt so I think I’m gonna go with the Kuiu Hooded Ultra down (lighter of the 2). The kenai is lighter weight and synthetic