Wyoming odds help. Please?

wapitibob

WKR
The proposed quotas won’t be out till late March and word on the street is they’re cutting a bunch of tags. Switching draws, regular/special requires withdrawing the app and they don’t refund till June.

The proposed quotas won’t be out till late March and word on the street is they’re cutting a bunch of tags. Switching draws, regular/special requires withdrawing the app and they don’t refund till June.
Valid points, for sure, but in the OP's case, he only wants one particular unit or nothing. They will be holding his money longer, that's for sure.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
My thoughts exactly. You have over four months before the deadline and you have no idea how things will be in four months.

ClearCreek

That's 16+ weeks of 15 hour work days, lack of sleep, staff problems & mild alcoholism..... No way I'll remember unless I put in all my applications at the same time! 😂
Absolute worst case; i'm out a few bucks in application fees (think of that as an Idiot Tax)

pirogue

WKR
Not to mention winter kill now thru March can be a factor on the tag allotment

pirogue

WKR
If you forget deadlines, you didn’t want to hunt that bad to start with.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
If you forget deadlines, you didn’t want to hunt that bad to start with.

Trade lives for 6 months? I barely remember my own freaking birthday most years. I work an average of 15hrs a day & generally take off one day every 2 weeks to keep my business solvent because if I fail, the government gives me 90 days to organize all my shit & sell my property before they deport me back to the UK, broke & homeless. I've been running on fumes for the last year. I CANNOT fail. Hunting is important to me, but I can do it here in TN & frankly an expensive trip is not even in my top 50 priorities most of the time.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Sorry. That was unduly snarky. I mostly put in for tags in the same unit, because a very, very good friend of mine lives there. He was the first guy to ever take me under his hunting wing when I flew from England to hunt Texas, 16 years ago. He's an older gent & isn't going to be around forever. Hunting out there is mostly giving me an excuse to do a 4000 mile round trip to go visit him, without him feeling like it might be a pity party. He can't really get out and hunt these days, so me going out there gives him a real boost, guiding, advising & generally filling me in on the history of Sublette county.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Dale, I referenced GoHunt earlier here to help Rob and that was not received well...

Good luck tattoo man!

JohnIrish

FNG
Hey Rob... for another thought...... if your friend lives there... have him put in for the hunt. Even if you don't get your tag & as a resident he gets a tag...... you could go along and help him out to share the experience. I am assuming if you helped him.. he may be able to get out.

Dalep

FNG
I’ve found Wyoming’s website is pretty solid for odds. I’ll be using it in conjunction with go hunt to draw this year with 2 points on party hunt with my nephew. You can hunt every year with 1 point no problem

Laramie

WKR
I’ve found Wyoming’s website is pretty solid for odds. I’ll be using it in conjunction with go hunt to draw this year with 2 points on party hunt with my nephew. You can hunt every year with 1 point no problem
Dale, take what go hunt lists with a grain of salt. I have seen their date incorrect way too many times for it to be 100% trusted. Just earlier in this thread there is a mistake highlighted.

Dalep

FNG
I applied in 4 states last year and they did me well. I also like their articles. That said, I don’t just go off of their info and use local info to compare