Wyoming opener success!

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
Went down to Wyoming in a unit that everyone said was overhunted and subpar bucks were the going rate. I shot the biggest buck I’ve ever shot, or shot at to date. He was on public land. Keep at it, and hunt hard, it can pay off! I grossed him out at 174 1/2. Couldn’t be more thrilled with this buck

Attachments

• A8732D5E-3391-4C3B-B7D4-125CEC13079B.jpeg
    A8732D5E-3391-4C3B-B7D4-125CEC13079B.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 620
  • 5BC5A105-9D92-4B8F-BD05-49D449DD1662.jpeg
    5BC5A105-9D92-4B8F-BD05-49D449DD1662.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 612

Lukem

WKR
Great deer especially in that unit! Might want to edit/delete the unit number in your other thread, or you may not be able to draw it so easily next time.
It was already harder to draw this year. We've hunted it for years and had drawn most of the time with no points and didn't draw with 1+ this year IIRC.

OP
Mtwood24

Mtwood24

Lil-Rokslider
Judging by the number of hunters i saw, this place is no secret. Also, the tag I drew covered multiple units and I never did say what unit I found this buck in.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Gorgeous buck! Always awesome to turn up a buck like that! Congrats!

Judging by the number of hunters i saw, this place is no secret. Also, the tag I drew covered multiple units and I never did say what unit I found this buck in.
It’s no secret for the few thousand guys who apply every year. But here’s how this works—Joe Blow from California will look at GoHUNT next year. This unit has high success. He googles it and BAM there’s a picture of a stud buck. His decision is made! Plus it doesn’t take a ton of points and the terrain is easy. Joe is from California and is stoked to see a lot of deer and has a new favorite unit. All it takes is a few hundred extra guys each year which snowballs—most guys find a unit they like and keep coming back. It’s already happened in this unit over the past 3-5 years.

Honestly, please for the love of God take off the unit number on your other post. It’s truly poor form on Rokslide and you are shooting yourself in the foot.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
It’s no secret for the few thousand guys who apply every year. But here’s how this works—Joe Blow from California will look at GoHUNT next year. This unit has high success. He googles it and BAM there’s a picture of a stud buck. His decision is made! Plus it doesn’t take a ton of points and the terrain is easy. Joe is from California and is stoked to see a lot of deer and has a new favorite unit. All it takes is a few hundred extra guys each year which snowballs—most guys find a unit they like and keep coming back. It’s already happened in this unit over the past 3-5 years.

Honestly, please for the love of God take off the unit number on your other post. It’s truly poor form on Rokslide and you are shooting yourself in the foot.

It’s amazing some people don’t know 2+2 = 4 or that posting unit/region success pictures = more future applicants.

OP. There is ZERO reason to tell people where you killed a good buck on the internet.

The units were deleted this morning, before you decided to chastise me on my own thread. No need to be a keyboard as*hole and say I don’t know what 2 +2 is. You posted this without even looking at the other thread in question. Pretty ignorant
Looks like it’s still there to me. This is not about someone figuring out your “spot”, this is about you blasting a general unit for all the internet to see.