Wyoming Party App

BigDog00

WKR
I haven't seen this question before, and I've never really thought about it. So, I'm a WY resident and my dad is not. He has 4 points and looking to hunting either this year or next. We've gone the general route in the past and hunted the same area multiple times. My question is, if we do a party app for a unit that he doesn't have the points for, would we still be able to draw it? Say it has 30% draw odds for me as a resident, but essentially 0% for him with his point total (maybe he has X% for the random tags). Would that be worth a shot or are we just wasting our application?

He's getting older so it tough trying to find a spot that won't beat him up too bad. The spot we've hunted previously is perfect for him, but it recently burned (as in scorched earth). I may have him wait 2-3 more years so it can recover a bit and just do general.

wytx

WKR
Burned areas recover faster than you think. The elk will be there but getting around the deadfall may be iffy.

And all are right above, no mixing apps for NR and Res.
Maybe look for a cow tag?

OP
B

BigDog00

WKR
Burned areas recover faster than you think. The elk will be there but getting around the deadfall may be iffy.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up.

I hunted the area last season and found a good pocket where they were hanging out. Unfortunately though it’s small and I’m worried others will find it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psp8ball

FNG

It depends on the burn. An area I hunt burned, bad. It's been 7 years and only now are there a few small knee to waist high pines coming back. It looked like the moon for the first 5 years. And there were zero elk.
Just something to keep in mind.