Wyoming Passes 90/10: The Worst Article You’ll Read This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdhanses

WKR
But that isn't all to manage BLM land. The other real problem with your proposal is the Fed likely wouldn't lower budgets/taxes if the land transferred to states and or was sold.
Oh no it covers a wide range of things. BLM currently receives $1.6 Billion of it, it had an increase of $311 Million this year.

I agree taxes wouldn’t go down but funds can be allocated to provide recreation sources closer to larger population centers or other social programs that benefit more people overall in a direct manner. The presidents goal of conserving 30% of the country as public could be moved to where it benefits larger portions of the country.

Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
But that isn't all to manage BLM land. The other real problem with your proposal is the Fed likely wouldn't lower budgets/taxes if the land transferred

Oh no it covers a wide range of things. BLM currently receives $1.6 Billion of it, it had an increase of $311 Million this year.

I agree taxes wouldn’t go down but funds can be allocated to provide recreation sources closer to larger population centers or other social programs that benefit more people overall in a direct manner. The presidents goal of conserving 30% of the country as public could be moved to where it benefits larger portions of the country.

What does the blm bring in for revenue to the Treasury?

Seems convenient to leave those numbers out of your "detailed" analysis.

BuzzH

WKR

BLM oil and gas leases bring 3 billion in federal revenue annually:

CJ19

WKR
But that isn't all to manage BLM land. The other real problem with your proposal is the Fed likely wouldn't lower budgets/taxes if the land transferred to states and or was sold.
BLM isnt managing the land properly now. So instead of taking steps to manage it properly, the federal tax payer is supposed to keep throwing money into a bottomless pit bc the government cant stop deficit spending or stop increasing their yearly budget. Next youll tell me the solution is to increase BLM funding. And i am supposed to embrace this line of thinking so i can travel across the country as an NR on 5$/gal gas to hunt squirrels or pick up pine cones on BLM land.

But hey. Its easier than managing that land properly i guess.

BuzzH

WKR
BLM isnt managing the land properly now. So instead of taking steps to manage it properly, the federal tax payer is supposed to keep throwing money into a bottomless pit bc the government cant stop deficit spending or stop increasing their yearly budget. Next youll tell me the solution is to increase BLM funding. And i am supposed to embrace this line of thinking so i can travel across the country as an NR on 5$/gal gas to hunt squirrels or pick up pine cones on BLM land.

But hey. Its easier than managing that land properly i guess.
You aren't paying anything as a tax payer, the BLM brings revenue INTO the treasury many-fold over what they spend managing.

Its also not a fair statement that the BLM is not managing the land properly, you're painting with a broad brush.

Do you even have any idea what the BLM's mandates are, and what they are required, by laws and acts of congress, to accomplish and provide to the US taxpayer?

Your statement is misguided and lazy.

tdhanses

WKR
Last edited:

BuzzH

WKR
So only keep the BLM lands that provide oil and gas rev? If they are self funding this way why not transfer them to the states then?
They are more than self funding. The reason to keep them federal is because of the federal laws and regulations that require NEPA to ensure that wildlife, water quality, habitat, recreation, etc. are given equal consideration.

Of course the most intuitive reason, so every us citizen has open spaces to roam as they want without having to invest in land, pay out the ass for, or beg someone to do so.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Department of the Interior's 2022 budget proposal totals $17.6 billion — an increase of $2.5 billion, or 17 percent, from the 2021 enacted level.May 28, 2021

That's $53.33 per person divided out by 330 million people. If only half pay taxes you're looking at a little over $100/ person a year for Federal land budget.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tdhanses

WKR
They are more than self funding. The reason to keep them federal is because of the federal laws and regulations that require NEPA to ensure that wildlife, water quality, habitat, recreation, etc. are given consideration.

Of course the most intuitive reason, so every us citizen has open spaces to roam as they want without having to invest in land, pay our the ass, or beg someone to do so.
So you don’t think the states would manage wildlife habitat as well?

BuzzH

WKR
So you don’t think the states would manage wildlife habitat as well?
Absolutely not they aren't mandated to.

Their mandate is to create revenue for the state trust, primarily to fund education.

Recreation and wildlife are the lowest consideration for the state land board in Wyoming.

We can't even camp on state land in Wyoming or start a campfire to roast a hot dog.

sneaky

"DADDY"
We send more money than we spend on Dept of Interior budget every year to countries that hate us. Dept of Interior budget is a drop in the bucket to what the govt wastes on other things. Congress keeps slashing their budget and then complaining that things aren't being maintained properly. It's the long game they're playing to sell off public lands. Then what? They'll spend that money in less than 6 months and taxes will go up and you never will get those lands back. You land transfer champions are pretty short- sighted and uninformed..

Rich M

WKR
We send more money than we spend on Dept of Interior budget every year to countries that hate us. Dept of Interior budget is a drop in the bucket to what the govt wastes on other things. Congress keeps slashing their budget and then complaining that things aren't being maintained properly. It's the long game they're playing to sell off public lands. Then what? They'll spend that money in less than 6 months and taxes will go up and you never will get those lands back. You land transfer champions are pretty short- sighted and uninformed..

Just lashing out - one one side we have the "the animals belong to us and you can't have em" the other side says, "well we're not gonna let you have federally funded land to play on - so there."

Plenty of emotion in play.

I am impressed with the amount of commitment residents have towards Their states ownership of game animals. "Non- residents quit complaining " pay up or shut up!" Sometimes you just have your hunting priorities straight .Then start talking about the Federal land/habitat on which they flourish and survive and privatization of a percentage of it and then ( the Patriotic music starts old glory waving in the background ). The Blessed land ! A gift from our forefathers.(I agree) OK let's give your state a chance to purchase and save it. Then the tune changes to a much sadder song. Hey, our state could never afford to buy that land. We are broke! We don't have the "rev" (revenue ) !. How about about a state income tax? Bs to that! How about raising the price of a hunting license? Are you crazy! How about property tax or other items . Have you lost your ever loving mind ! We are a tax friendly state. Where's the commitment? The financial sacrifice. Get your priorities straight and pay what you have to. It one big giant entitlement "Governmental welfare hunting lease" that the rest of the country pays for. Residents complain about non-residents and say that they act like their state "owes" them something. Quite honestly iit is the other way around. Residents of a state acting the rest of the country "owes" them someting.Your kidding yourself if you can't see that. Enjoy it while you can our country is financial bankrupt.

bsnedeker

WKR
I am impressed with the amount of commitment residents have towards Their states ownership of game animals. "Non- residents quit complaining " pay up or shut up!" Sometimes you just have your hunting priorities straight .Then start talking about the Federal land/habitat on which they flourish and survive and privatization of a percentage of it and then ( the Patriotic music starts old glory waving in the background ). The Blessed land ! A gift from our forefathers.(I agree) OK let's give your state a chance to purchase and save it. Then the tune changes to a much sadder song. Hey, our state could never afford to buy that land. We are broke! We don't have the "rev" (revenue ) !. How about about a state income tax? Bs to that! How about raising the price of a hunting license? Are you crazy! How about property tax or other items . Have you lost your ever loving mind ! We are a tax friendly state. Where's the commitment? The financial sacrifice. Get your priorities straight and pay what you have to. It one big giant entitlement "Governmental welfare hunting lease" that the rest of the country pays for. Residents complain about non-residents and say that they act like their state "owes" them something. Quite honestly iit is the other way around. Residents of a state acting the rest of the country "owes" them someting.*Your* kidding yourself if you can't see that. Enjoy it while you can our country is financial bankrupt.
*you're

BuzzH

WKR
I am impressed with the amount of commitment residents have towards Their states ownership of game animals. "Non- residents quit complaining " pay up or shut up!" Sometimes you just have your hunting priorities straight .Then start talking about the Federal land/habitat on which they flourish and survive and privatization of a percentage of it and then ( the Patriotic music starts old glory waving in the background ). The Blessed land ! A gift from our forefathers.(I agree) OK let's give your state a chance to purchase and save it. Then the tune changes to a much sadder song. Hey, our state could never afford to buy that land. We are broke! We don't have the "rev" (revenue ) !. How about about a state income tax? Bs to that! How about raising the price of a hunting license? Are you crazy! How about property tax or other items . Have you lost your ever loving mind ! We are a tax friendly state. Where's the commitment? The financial sacrifice. Get your priorities straight and pay what you have to. It one big giant entitlement "Governmental welfare hunting lease" that the rest of the country pays for. Residents complain about non-residents and say that they act like their state "owes" them something. Quite honestly iit is the other way around. Residents of a state acting the rest of the country "owes" them someting.Your kidding yourself if you can't see that. Enjoy it while you can our country is financial bankrupt.
And if you even slightly believe the gibberish you just typed, I think many would conclude you're intellectually bankrupt.

What we owe future generations is the public estate that we all enjoy.

What's as embarrassing, as it is sad, that the only value you see in public lands is your ability to run a bullet through another states wildlife.

If you don't get your way then go nuclear and get rid of both public lands and the wildlife.

Brilliant.

Please spare me not paying anything as a tax payer. You really think the financial shell games the federal government or any other big organization plays by robbing peter to pay paul is a coherent argument.
It’s really not that complicated. Companies pay money to the government and are allowed to extract resources from the land. The amount that is paid by the companies far exceeds the budget of the agency that manages the land. Get it? Need a picture?

Add to that all of the jobs this arrangement provides to… taxpayers. Maybe this doesn’t go along with the tinfoil hat narrative you are trying to push, sorry about your luck. Hopefully there is an adrenochrome harvesting pizza parlor somewhere that needs your attention. That’ll keep ya busy for a while.

Reactions: wyo

CJ19

WKR
It’s really not that complicated. Companies pay money to the government and are allowed to extract resources from the land. The amount that is paid by the companies far exceeds the budget of the agency that manages the land. Get it? Need a picture?

Add to that all of the jobs this arrangement provides to… taxpayers. Maybe this doesn’t go along with the tinfoil hat narrative you are trying to push, sorry about your luck. Hopefully there is an adrenochrome harvesting pizza parlor somewhere that needs your attention. That’ll keep ya busy for a while.
Rather than keep going in this thread. Im just going to remove my post. It probably didnt add much to the conversation anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.