Wyoming point creep NR special Antelope...

Jimss

WKR
I just looked at the new Wyo antelope regs. Most doe tags have been cut across Wyo. Buck tags have decreased in most units and some have been cut in 1/2. With that said, you can pretty much count on point creep increasing in most units in 2021. Be praying that fawn crops will increase this year so things will improve in future years!

Nick87

Lil-Rokslider
I just looked at the new Wyo antelope regs. Most doe tags have been cut across Wyo. Buck tags have decreased in most units and some have been cut in 1/2. With that said, you can pretty much count on point creep increasing in most units in 2021. Be praying that fawn crops will increase this year so things will improve in future years!
I found this years tag numbers but couldnt find last years for comparison. If you dont mind where were you able to find the comparison?

I'm in the same boat, sitting on 7 points and trying to decide how far back I want to look behind me..... apply for unit that were 100% draw with 5 points last year?

I’m thinking about adding to the point creep. Been wanting to take my grandfather, he’s on 1 point, I’m on 6. Might burn my points to take him to a 2 point area with access to private land.

Rich M

WKR
We're in no-man's-Land with preference points and draws. The 90/10 threat is 2 seasons out at the earliest and the guys who want the best units know that.

The talk about how bad it is and the point creep and such is purely psychological. You either get scared and give up whatever you been wanting or striving for to hunt on a bad year, or you stay the course even if it takes another year or two.

To set yourself back 1-2-4 points cause you "just gotta go hunt" is a personal decision.

We made the decision to just apply and gonna run with that until get drawn. That's it - staying the course to meet the chosen hunt parameters. Can drop down and do a more crowded hunt unit, but why would I do that, been waiting this long, another year or two aint gonna kill me.

And the scare tactics to get me to drop my points isn't gonna work either.

Jimss

WKR
I've posted this several times in the past. Just because a unit takes a lot of pts to draw doesn't necessarily mean that it will have B&C bucks in any given year. It pays to be familiar with what happens from one year to the next with drought, deep snow, fawn recruitment, etc. There is a lot more to it than "staying the course" and waiting things out for a high demand tag! I've spent the past 30+ years scouting and hunting trophy Wyo antelope and can assure you that things can change from 1 year to the next! Things may stay consistent for years....but if you happen to draw a primo unit in an off year you may be sorely disappointed!

Rich M

WKR
The only reason I want a better unit is for land access and hopefully a little breathing room between hunters.