Wyoming points question.

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have two preference points in Wyoming. I somehow missed buying points last year but I swear I did. I just can’t find proof. I guess I’m losing it. That being said if I have two points and apply this year will that get me to the necessary 3 points to draw a general tag this year or does that mean I won’t be able to draw a Wyoming tag 100% til next year? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
It means you may not draw for 2 years as 3 points could easily not be a lock for next year. This is assuming you apply for the normal full priced license.

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
It means you may not draw for 2 years as 3 points could easily not be a lock for next year. This is assuming you apply for the normal full priced license.

Lol well that’s a real ass kicker. I did it on my phone back in sept. Or October and can’t find the receipt on any of my cards. So I’m guessing it didn’t go through. It’s so cheap to buy points too. Makes me disgusted. That it ain’t showing up. Damn it

Laramie

WKR
I currently have two preference points in Wyoming. I somehow missed buying points last year but I swear I did. I just can’t find proof. I guess I’m losing it. That being said if I have two points and apply this year will that get me to the necessary 3 points to draw a general tag this year or does that mean I won’t be able to draw a Wyoming tag 100% til next year? Thanks

If you apply this year, you will have 2 points going into the 2021 draw. Points purchased during a year will not go towards the draw until the following year. Your only chance of drawing is in the special application or you have about a 10% chance in the random.

Point totals have been updated. If you have a discrepancy, you need to call the WG&F. It would be good to have proof of your purchase. After you apply, they email a receipt to you so you should be able to search your email.

Maybe your account just hasn't been updated yet after your purchase. If I remember it takes a little while to update your point balance.
It is possible his account hasn't updated since last fall? I thought the point he bought last fall will be used to apply for his license this month.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
If you apply this year, you will have 2 points going into the 2021 draw. Points purchased during a year will not go towards the draw until the following year. Your only chance of drawing is in the special application or you have about a 10% chance in the random.

Point totals have been updated. If you have a discrepancy, you need to call the WG&F. It would be good to have proof of your purchase. After you apply, they email a receipt to you so you should be able to search your email.

I know I bought them oct.30 2019 and It says last time I bought hyphen was 2019. The weird thing is I don’t have a email receipt from that day either. Funky stuff.

That's really interesting, same thing happened to my wife but I just assumed she messed up somehow and we let it go because we can't find receipts. She swears she bought them. I'm gonna have to get her to go through her credit card statements now.

I save a screenshot of my purchase just in case. Then in October before the deadline to purchase I double check my transaction. Too important not to be sure.

Enter your sportsman ID and your current data for the 2021 draw is listed and up to date. My advice is to get the points you need and apply..don't get caught up in the point creep chase. WY has the greatest revenue scam going with people paying $50/yr to probably never get where they think they can get unit wise accumulating preference points.

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't get an email either. Check those credit card statements. I would guess your account is up to date since the draw is open.

OP
whitetail88arch

whitetail88arch

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I went through my credit card & debit card statements and can’t find it might need to do it again.

Tower

FNG
The WG&F website is terrible. We had a hell of a time buying points last year. We were on our phones, and pretty deep in the whiskey, so that might have something to do with it. Regardless, their website is very cumbersome.