Wyoming Prairie dogs

Houston77

FNG
Iv been building points for antelope in Wyoming the last few years with intention on drawing a tag in the next year or two. I am wondering if there is any opportunity to shoot prairie dogs after I fill my tag on public land. Is this even legal and has anyone done it?

Thanks

come2elmo

WKR
Yup it is legal. They were few and far between on the blm we hunted but the ones we saw were DUMB. So we got lots of shots if we stayed 300+ out. Any closer and they wouldn’t stand still after the first round went over their heads. OnX has a prairie dog layer but haven’t used it.

manitou1

WKR
Yes and yes. I have shot them on public. Some are wilder than others. One place, I use my .17 hmr. Shoot a half dozen, move and shoot more, then move. About 4 sq miles of prairie dogs. There are areas with quite a few. I normally shoot them outside of big game seasons so as to not muck up other's hunting.

toasty

FNG
The issues are the pdogs aren't out as much in october. If you do a sep hunt, you will have a better chance at more critters. Hunt first half of the day and in the evening. Afternoons are tough.